Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Mishkan Yosef Organization
Previous  1  2  3  Next

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 7:28 am
Thanks for update ! I will tell my son!
(Btw a friend of his once didn't get a prize from an organization so he just collected more and bought himself the prize with the Money. Not sure that's ok, esp cuz they prob get the prizes discounted. But I wonder if halachically that would be ok if the prize never comes)

galbis

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 8:06 am
I got a phone call from someone at Mishkan Yosef last night asking if my boys got their prizes yet. When I told him they didn't, he apologized and said it would be coming very soon.

amother
Catmint

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 8:30 am
my son didn't get his prize yet, but got phone call last night asking if we got it yet

Esty123

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 9:41 am
Thanks for the information. Got another email just apologizing and saying they hope to deliver soon. Guess will keep waiting.

amother
Brown

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 9:39 pm
I also got a call last night to make sure my son got his prizes. Bh he did get them at the pickup.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 12:25 am
I don't know anything about this organization, but my kids come home multiple times a year with prize brochures from a certain organization. They go straight into the garbage in our house. DH and I are vehemently against this method of using children to collect tzedaka in order to get a reward. That's no way to teach the true mitzvah of tzedaka. The organization is a worthwhile cause and we're happy to donate on our own terms but we abhor the coercive tactics.

Besides, who are they going to collect from? There's only so many times they can ask the extended family to donate. Every grandparent has other grandchildren also collecting and every aunt/uncle have their own kids who are collecting too. The tzedaka campaigns aren't even staggered at different schools so all the neighbors are knocking on doors collecting at the same time. It's ridiculous and so pressurizing! Some of the more entrepreneurial kids set up lemonade stands and bake sales outside their homes to raise the money. That I don't mind so much because it's not directly asking for money over and over and over again.

amother
Clear

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 5:30 am
My sons yeshiva is giving prizes and trips now after pesach for purim collecting...so is another organization they collected for. It's not so terrible that this place is giving prizes now after pesach.

Itsallfromhim

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 11:50 am
To clarify, the original Purim Project with Zichron Shlome, helps sick children and families dealing with cancer rl.

On their 15th year of the project they are known for sending prizes promptly and ensuring all kids are happy.

Mishkan Yosef is trying to imitate the campaign but aren’t having much success with prize fulfillment. MIshkan Yosef email address is mypurimproject@gmail.com.

The Purim Project with Zichron Shlomo’s email is purimproject@refuahfund.org.

amother
Daphne

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 4:52 pm
justayiddena wrote:
To clarify, the original Purim Project with Zichron Shlome, helps sick children and families dealing with cancer rl.

On their 15th year of the project they are known for sending prizes promptly and ensuring all kids are happy.

Mishkan Yosef is trying to imitate the campaign but aren’t having much success with prize fulfillment. MIshkan Yosef email address is mypurimproject@gmail.com.

The Purim Project with Zichron Shlomo’s email is purimproject@refuahfund.org.

amother
RosePink

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 11:46 am
Soooo, my son finally got his prize today!!

amother
Catmint

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 7:32 am
same here they came knocking on my door yesterday with the prizes my son was so excited

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 9:20 am
The circle magazine that my kids earned from mishkan yosef came today!

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Tue, May 31 2022, 7:26 am
They responded to my email and said Brooklyn prizes are being packaged and will be sent out soon

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 5:34 pm
There’s was a money pick up this past Friday and my daughter got her prize bh.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 9:39 pm
My son's prizes came last week - the day after he left to camp! So hopefully yours will come soon! (Btw it was hand delivered - Brooklyn)

tchw

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 10:18 pm
We sent in a check to the prize catalog for Mishkan Yosef this year and are still waiting to hear back. It was over a month ago that we dropped
Off
The check. We don’t know how to reach anyone to get the prize. Does anyone have any updated info? The email That was posted here from last year had a reply
That it’s Not a valid Email.

content

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 10:27 pm
tchw wrote:
We sent in a check to the prize catalog for Mishkan Yosef this year and are still waiting to hear back. It was over a month ago that we dropped
Off
The check. We don’t know how to reach anyone to get the prize. Does anyone have any updated info? The email That was posted here from last year had a reply
That it’s Not a valid Email.

I got a response yesterday from this email.
info@mishkanyosef.org

Fave

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 5:24 pm
Does anyone have the 2023 brochure or know how I can get a copy?

amother
Seagreen

Post Fri, Mar 01 2024, 1:28 pm
Did Brooklyn people have issues getting their prize last year?

amother
Daphne

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 10:07 pm
amother Seagreen wrote:
Did Brooklyn people have issues getting their prize last year?

Yes. My kid told me thepurimproject.com was more legit. They'll be collecting for then this year.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics