Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
By (about) how much does external heat raise body temp?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 7:59 pm
Dc was playing outside this afternoon and came home red, hot sweaty feeling feverish. Temp was 101.6. It wasn’t so hot outside then- I was outside too and was starting to feel a bit chilly myself.
The other kids weren’t so hot and sweaty either.

Is this a normal temperature raise?

amother
Midnight

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 8:02 pm
I have a kid that dehydrates easily and has fever when it happens.

amother
Latte

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 8:34 pm
No, that’s a fever.

amother
Amber

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 9:16 pm
He has a fever.

Elfrida

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 2:06 am
The human body is able to regulate internal temperature except in extreme circumstances. Red and sweaty is a normal reaction to hot weather, and are part of the body's mechanisms to lose heat. This should return to normal after a few minutes sitting down in a cool environment and and cool drink.

If his internal temperature (as checked with a thermometer) is elevated, that indicates a fever.

cuties' mom

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 3:32 am
I have a kid with hypohidrosis. When he gets hot, he doesn't get sweaty. His face turns red, and he develops a low grade fever. It goes away after spending time in a cooler environment. As your kid was sweaty, he obviously doesn't have hypohidrosis. I know that hyperhidrosis is more common; that's excessive sweat. I don't know if that causes body temperature to rise.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 5:11 am
Elfrida wrote:
The human body is able to regulate internal temperature except in extreme circumstances. Red and sweaty is a normal reaction to hot weather, and are part of the body's mechanisms to lose heat. This should return to normal after a few minutes sitting down in a cool environment and and cool drink.

If his internal temperature (as checked with a thermometer) is elevated, that indicates a fever.

It really wasn’t hot anymore at that point, and it dropped to 100 and change within the hour so that made me think it was related to being outside- but seemed too high in relation to weather.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 8:03 pm
Elfrida wrote:

Bumping this up-
Dc gets super hot and temp jumps above 101 with a little bit of heat. What can this mean? (Giving dc pedialyte and ices so don’t think it’s dehydration by amount drinking a day)

amother
Latte

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 8:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Bumping this up-
Dc gets super hot and temp jumps above 101 with a little bit of heat. What can this mean? (Giving dc pedialyte and ices so don’t think it’s dehydration by amount drinking a day)
Does dc sweat?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 8:07 pm
amother [ Latte ] wrote:
Does dc sweat?

Yes
And turns bright red

amother
Latte

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 8:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote: