Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Is covid going around now?
Previous  1  2

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 8:29 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Just got it for the 2nd time (first was in March 2020). Did test cos was planning to go away for Shavuos....symptoms start out the same as first time (fever, chills, sinus congestion, cough, body aches). Dr advised the antibody infusion and it was really helpful in speeding up recovery( not quite there yet but last bout was 2 weeks in bed with raging fever).
Just get weird looks in my (frum) community when I am out with a mask (dr advised to do so for a few days)....... Can't Believe It

1) FYI with your mask u rstill spreading covid. This is the problem with people actually thinking that masks make a difference . Personally I couldn't care less if you spread covid since it seems like it is pretty much a bad cold or a bad flu but if you're concerned enough about spreading it, just stay home until you're not contagious.
2) why are you getting tested? Is your dr saying if you test positive you can get Paxvloid? If there is no treatment option for you, then there is no point and all you are doing is adding cases to your city or state which is forcing other people, like kids in school to start masking again, in districts where they follow the ridiculous CDC guidelines.

amother
Holly

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 8:31 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
1) FYI with your mask u rstill spreading covid. This is the problem with people actually thinking that masks make a difference . Personally I couldn't care less if you spread covid since it seems like it is pretty much a bad cold or a bad flu but if you're concerned enough about spreading it, just stay home until you're not contagious.
2) why are you getting tested? Is your dr saying if you test positive you can get Paxvloid? If there is no treatment option for you, then there is no point and all you are doing is adding cases to your city or state which is forcing other people, like kids in school to start masking again, in districts where they follow the ridiculous CDC guidelines.

Well said.

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 8:33 pm

Thanks for your "wonderful" post....... some people do get quite ill if they are exposed. I am not overly obsessed as you seem to suggest. Get off your soapbox - sigh.....

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 8:39 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Thanks for your "wonderful" post....... some people do get quite ill if they are exposed. I am not overly obsessed as you seem to suggest. Get off your soapbox - sigh.....

Still doesn't change the facts about what I said.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 8:51 pm
A lot of people I know in Lakewood (including myself) have been slammed with allergies this season. A week or two ago the town was coated in yellow dust and within a week so many people got sick. Do you think it was actually covid?? It didn’t even occur to me to test. Had classic allergy symptoms like runny nose, sinus headache, overall wuch feeling.

GLUE

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 9:00 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
I would definitely agree with that during flu season but is the flu really going around now??

As I always say "Flu season starts September 1 and ends August 30"

The flu is going around if they test for it, about 2 or more decades ago there was a lot of flu cases in Alaska in middle of the summer. The CDC investigated and discovered that Alaska just passed a new law that sickness with xyz symptoms must test for the flu... and what do you know they had a lot more flu cases then normal.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 11:31 pm
Covid is not real. It is all one big conspiracy theory, like the moon landing.

amother
Darkblue

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 11:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Sore throat?

Strep is also going around, for me it came with fever, headache, and body aches.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Jun 02 2022, 12:00 am
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
A lot of people I know in Lakewood (including myself) have been slammed with allergies this season. A week or two ago the town was coated in yellow dust and within a week so many people got sick. Do you think it was actually covid?? It didn’t even occur to me to test. Had classic allergy symptoms like runny nose, sinus headache, overall wuch feeling.

Yup, the allergies are terrible this season. My daughter has it really bad. My baby son has been so congested with a terrible cough for weeks now. Doc keeps saying his lungs are clear and it’s prob allergies but they won’t get him tested for that son young.

amother
Charcoal

Post Thu, Jun 02 2022, 12:33 am

I know ppl who go in for chest X-rays bec it turns into pneumonia - they are forced to test (triple vaxxed, second time with covid, both post vaccines)

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Jun 02 2022, 12:41 am
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
We have 15 Covid patients in our community hospital.

Hospitalized with Covid or due to Covid?

amother
Stonewash

Post Thu, Jun 02 2022, 1:28 pm

That's kind of flippant. Why would you want to give someone a bad flu? Not saying you need to go nuts, but don't say you couldn't care less Rolling Eyes
I have covid now. I'm not sure what you think of as a bad cold, but what I have is a VERY bad cold. I'm wheezing and on two inhalers, I have an awful cough and still waking up with headaches on day 10. And B"H I've not had much fever, it must be awful with a fever.

amother
Pistachio

Post Thu, Jun 02 2022, 2:53 pm
amother [ Vanilla ] wrote:
I've had it at least twice. Since then I get unwell often, I catch every little virus and cold from my kids.
My immune system is not the same as before. Pretty scary.

Another vanilla, I had the same thing but I was able to boost my immune system. Pm me for ideas

amother
Lightgray

Post Thu, Jun 02 2022, 2:59 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
Um.....Yes. I'm not sure where you are, but it's been extremely high in NY for weeks now.

Fever, headache, aches, upper respiratory symptoms, cough....some combo/selection of all of them.

This.
Kind of depends on what your weak spots are and those little germs attack right there.
My husband and I I had it at the same time very recently and we each completely different symptoms.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jun 02 2022, 3:07 pm
It’s always going to be around. I know at least 12 people with it. They just feel under the weather. Similar to a cold.

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Jun 02 2022, 3:33 pm
amother [ Stonewash ] wrote:
That's kind of flippant. Why would you want to give someone a bad flu? Not saying you need to go nuts, but don't say you couldn't care less Rolling Eyes
I have covid now. I'm not sure what you think of as a bad cold, but what I have is a VERY bad cold. I'm wheezing and on two inhalers, I have an awful cough and still waking up with headaches on day 10. And B"H I've not had much fever, it must be awful with a fever.

No one ever seemed to care this much if somebody went out with the flu or strep in the past because they needed to go to the grocery store or pick up their kid.
I've had the flu in the past with a terrible cough that lasted five weeks after I first got it, with chest pains. That doesn't mean I would be angry if someone went out not realizing they were contagious and blame them for it. Most of the time people don't even realize exactly where they picked up a virus.
Every virus has some people that have it milder and some who have it worse. But somebody who was so worried about spreading it should not be walking around with a mask because that will not help. 1 persons experience does not mean that that is how it is for everyone.
And in general if you actually follow the data you will see the most people are actually okay now a days with covid
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics