Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
How long to cook or slow cook

seeker

Post Thu, Jun 02 2022, 11:44 pm
I wish there were a way to tag specific users in a post because I suspect that ra_mom has the answer to this but I'm posting it publicly instead of PM'ing her because maybe she's not online...

I make this roast for Yom Tov that I cook in a sauce low and slow until it's falling apart and yummy. I think the recommendation for that is 1 hour for each pound of meat? The roast I have is 4 lb so that would be about 4 or maybe 5 just to be sure?

BUT I'm trying to conserve kitchen time as there will be a lot of competition for the stove/oven tomorrow, we didn't start anything yet and it's a 3 day yom tov, this is stressing me out.

So I was thinking maybe I can put the meat in my instant pot on slow cooker mode now, and then in the morning just cool it off and put it in the fridge to serve on the second night of yom tov.

Does that make sense? If so, how long would I want to cook it for? Is Thursday night too early to cook it if I won't serve it until Sunday night?

Too many variables, I can't even. My real original thought was to do this a week ago and freeze it, because freezing exempts you from time, but that didn't happen and it seems silly to freeze for two days because by the time it's frozen you're already ready to defrost it. Am I overthinking this? Should I cook it now and then freeze it? Cook now and not freeze? Cook tomorrow? If I cook it tomorrow will it come out the same nice and soft if I use the pressure cooker mode on the instant pot to keep the kitchen moving?

I'm a little overwhelmed, this is my first 3 day yom tov that I am fully at home plus had a hard time at work the last couple of weeks so I really couldn't get ahead. For ONCE in my life I actually THOUGHT ahead and made a plan and then I just couldn't do it and now I need to replan at the same time as actually doing all the things and my kitchen is not very big and I'm overwhelmed. So if someone can just take me by the hand and quietly but firmly tell me what to do with my round-shaped 4 lb silver tip roast, it would be wonderful.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics