Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Plastic melted onto oven grate

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 02 2022, 6:31 pm
Ok I’m a genius Banging head
I took a shopping bag with meat in it out of the fridge and dumped it on top of the oven, forgetting that I JUST turned off the flame there. In the one second that the bag was there, it stuck really well to the grate! I tried to get it off a couple different ways, and I can’t even stand anymore, let alone try to scrub or peel that bag off! I’m going to sleep to dream about plastic sticking to grates, and if anyone has a great idea of how to get it off, please lmk so I’ll see it first thing in the morning (or when my baby wakes me in a few minutes!)
Tia!

amother
Amaryllis

Post Thu, Jun 02 2022, 6:59 pm
I had that once. I let it sit overnight and it became hard. It peeled off easily.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 02 2022, 8:41 pm
Ok thanks! I hope that’s the case here!

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Jun 02 2022, 9:33 pm
Try letting it cool and harden if that doesn't work warm up the grate(turn on the flame for a minute) then use a wooden blunt object like a popsicle stick to scrape off the melted gooey plastic.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen