Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Anyone know if the apple filter is good? Is it foolproof?

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 6:38 pm
You know the filter that apple has? Called parental controls or the like..
Is it really fool proof?
My 17 year old ds asked if he can get the iPhone instead of android cuz the filter is much better, works smoother instead of slowing the whole home down etc
I will uninstall chrome.
Thanks

amother
Gladiolus

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 6:41 pm
I think it is if you have tag set it up the right way.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 6:45 pm
amother [ Gladiolus ] wrote:
I think it is if you have tag set it up the right way.

Ty- can anyone else confirm for sure?

ValleyMom

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 6:45 pm
when it comes to technology NOTHING is 100% FOOLPROOF... other than completely powering off.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 6:46 pm
ValleyMom wrote:
when it comes to technology NOTHING is 100% FOOLPROOF... other than completely powering off.

True - but I want to make sure it’s as good of a filter like gentech etc

amother
Ultramarine

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 7:34 pm
We have apple in our home.
I think the parental control is good on iPhones if you completely block the internet app. That is what we do for my husband and we have tested it that it is “uncrackable” like that.
If you try to use the parental controls to limit some sites but not others it gets trickier but it is doable.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 8:05 pm
amother [ Ultramarine ] wrote:
We have apple in our home.
I think the parental control is good on iPhones if you completely block the internet app. That is what we do for my husband and we have tested it that it is “uncrackable” like that.
If you try to use the parental controls to limit some sites but not others it gets trickier but it is doable.

Thank you so Much!
But once the internet app is deleted, you still cannot access anything through,say, a link. Correct?

givelove

Post Thu, Jun 02 2022, 8:28 pm
There are different options in parental controls. You could set it that you can't open links. I personally have an iphone and am extremely tech savvy and as a teenager found a thrill in cracking through filters. The way the apple restrictions are configured, if set up properly, it is almost impossible to get access without the code. For additional safety, Gentech has a free app to secure apple restrictions more.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 02 2022, 8:37 pm
ayalaf wrote:
There are different options in parental controls. You could set it that you can't open links. I personally have an iphone and am extremely tech savvy and as a teenager found a thrill in cracking through filters. The way the apple restrictions are configured, if set up properly, it is almost impossible to get access without the code. For additional safety, Gentech has a free app to secure apple restrictions more.

Thanks! What does that gentech app do?
The reason I wanted apple filter and not an outside one is because it definitely slows down the phone somewhat and I can’t have that…

givelove

Post Thu, Jun 02 2022, 9:24 pm
Unless you're specifically trying to get around the filter, Gentech won't bother you. It just blocks the ways you could disable the filter, for example you could set it that the phone can't be reset without a password

amother
Birch

Post Thu, Jun 02 2022, 11:42 pm
Yes, its the best you can get on a phone. According to all the young people

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Jun 03 2022, 2:51 am
If you get rid of browser, I believe it’s foolproof. However, make sure you delete the AppStore (by disabling the ability to download new apps) as well. Otherwise you could download apps that you would search for in browser (youtube, instagram, Pinterest etc).
Then you should be good to go.

amother
Geranium

Post Fri, Jun 03 2022, 3:50 am
ayalaf wrote:

I remember as a teenager just calling apple that I "forgot" the code. I did the same for my Nintendo at a younger age.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics