Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Dishwasher- please share your experience
Previous  1  2

bwaybabe85

Post Thu, Jun 02 2022, 10:50 am
Bosch 800 series for the crystal dry feature

amother
Aster

Post Thu, Jun 02 2022, 10:57 am
I have a maytag (actually my second one, I had one in my first house and when I moved I bought another maytag)

I'm very happy with it.

It was cheaper than a bosch (I didn't even consider a miele) and when I looked into it I was told that the only Bosch worth buying is the most expensive one, and that the cheaper bosches aren't as good.

My dishwasher has a third rack, and hidden buttons which I wanted.

Other nice features is that the inside is metal. Some of the cheaper ones have a plastic inside which I was told means that the dishes don't get as hot (or as clean)

This is the one I have (though I paid less for it about a year ago)

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/m.....98239

farm

Post Thu, Jun 02 2022, 11:59 pm
Public service announcement for those with the Bosch: there is a setting that pops the door open when the cycle is finished that has the dishes dry so you can run it at night and empty it the next morning. I discovered that after I actually read the manual.
That being said, I have the Bosch for meat and the double Fisher Paykel for dairy and parve and like that one better. It is just a really clever layout that fits so many things at once and seems less finicky than the Bosch to get everything loaded and perfectly cleaned and dry. I found the Bosch to have a learning curve (see above, regarding reading the manual…) so while I’m happy enough with my Bosch now that I’ve had it for a bit over a year. I would probably look into the single Fisher Paykel if I was buying now.

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Jun 03 2022, 12:11 am
farm wrote:
Public service announcement for those with the Bosch: there is a setting that pops the door open when the cycle is finished that has the dishes dry so you can run it at night and empty it the next morning. I discovered that after I actually read the manual.
That being said, I have the Bosch for meat and the double Fisher Paykel for dairy and parve and like that one better. It is just a really clever layout that fits so many things at once and seems less finicky than the Bosch to get everything loaded and perfectly cleaned and dry. I found the Bosch to have a learning curve (see above, regarding reading the manual…) so while I’m happy enough with my Bosch now that I’ve had it for a bit over a year. I would probably look into the single Fisher Paykel if I was buying now.

Omg really? Where is that setting?

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Jun 03 2022, 12:13 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:

I don't think it's a feature of every model.

I'm very happy with my low-end Bosch. Because of supply issues I had to upgrade to get the third rack and it is INCREDIBLE!

farm

Post Fri, Jun 03 2022, 12:28 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:

I don’t remember anymore, set and forget 😂
You have to hold down one of the buttons for a few seconds and then you toggle through options until you get the one that pops the door at the end of the cycle. Something like that!

amother
Gladiolus

Post Fri, Jun 03 2022, 1:15 am
I have owned Whirlpool, Bosch, and Kitchenaid dishwashers in different houses that I owned....
Kitchenaid hands down is my best one.

I used to have a Bosch, I found that it had a smell because it doesn't dry so well. My glassware always smelled.
My kitchenaid now is super quiet, washes super well, and dries too. Very happy.

mommy12

Post Fri, Jun 03 2022, 2:22 pm
I have a whirlpool and love it! The silverware rack can be put on the door so you have more space for other items. It's super quiet and cleans really well. My friend got a much more expensive brand (can't recall which) and it barely holds anything. It has a heat dry option, too, since you mentioned that. There is a tiny green light on the outside when it is running. I know it's done when the light turns off. And you can peek at the top of the door when it is going to see the time that is left.

justplain

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 5:33 pm
amother Gladiolus wrote:
I have owned Whirlpool, Bosch, and Kitchenaid dishwashers in different houses that I owned....
Kitchenaid hands down is my best one.

I used to have a Bosch, I found that it had a smell because it doesn't dry so well. My glassware always smelled.
My kitchenaid now is super quiet, washes super well, and dries too. Very happy.

Hi. I found this thread and I'm looking to purchase a dishwasher now. Can you please tell me what you machine's model number is?
It seems that there are 2 basic ones. I'd really appreciate the feedback. Thanks!

amother
Peony

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 5:43 pm
amother Catmint wrote:
I don’t know about Bosch but Miele has one model that automatically pops open a bit after a cycle

I have this model Miele. I actually disabled the option so it no longer opens automatically. The quick change in temperature was ruining the silver lining around the edge of my china so I like to let it cool down slowly closed.

amother
Bluebell

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 5:43 pm
amother OP wrote:
Anyone have the Frigidaire or Maytag?

I have a basic Frigidaire Gallery. It does the job. It's stainless inside and I use the power plus 3+ hour cycle for after shabbos. I use energy saver 1.5 hour cycle for regular mid-week if I don't have anything crusted on. I'm not saying I never have to rewash a dish if I stuff it but in general I am happy with it. You have to add in Rinse Aid to a special dispenser once a month and then it will dry dishes very nicely. (For newer models, if you don't add rinse aid the pastic items stay with droplets and don't dry or dry with marks.)
I'm really grateful for a dishwasher, it allows me to do so much more in my kitchen!

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 7:09 pm
justplain wrote:
Hi. I found this thread and I'm looking to purchase a dishwasher now. Can you please tell me what you machine's model number is?
It seems that there are 2 basic ones. I'd really appreciate the feedback. Thanks!

Kitchenaid USED to be the best. But the last year or two a ton of people have had problems with having to replace new machines because the repair parts cost almost same as new machine. This is from 2 repair men. So go with one of the other brands.

Busybee5

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 7:24 pm
I'm really happy with my bosch. I only use it once a week for Shabbos dishes.
And every few weeks after making a batch of chicken soup.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics