Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
I don’t want to buy a new stroller!!
Previous  1  2  3

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 10:49 pm
tigerwife wrote:
I have the chameleon to maxi cosi adapters. If you can try in Lakewood. Honestly, I just got the Doona after my maxi cosi expired and it is so convenient. Keep in mind that it isn’t meant to be a stroller; it’s a car seat on wheels. Not great for walking to Bubby 15 minutes away, but perfect for errands and doctor visits when you can avoid the whole pull the stroller frame out of the trunk situation (and then retold when you get fack to the car). It is pricy, but it’s a useful luxury.

I might take you up on that next time I’m in Lakewood :-)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 10:50 pm
amother [ IndianRed ] wrote:
https://poshmark.com/listing/Bugaboo-cameleon-adapter-for-maxicosi-car-seats-80401mc02-629ffce89b5a4df280e77203

Something like this should work. It says in the notes it was purchased in 2015 so it can’t possibly be for the newer models I would think…

Thank you!!

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 1:24 am
miami85 wrote:
Honestly, and I don't know your life situation but it sounds like you have other kids, I have been finding that getting a convertible car seat and an infant carrier is working better for me than a "snap n go" situation and lugging around a car seat.

Leaving a car seat in a hot car though can damage it over time I've heard and compromise its safety.

Sesame

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 2:28 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If you can find me a link to something compatible, I would be greatly appreciative. Mine is not a 3, it’s the original, I can’t find it any morning for something compatible. Maybe it’s more than 7 years old, maybe she didn’t get it new….her kid was born in 2015, mine in 2016

The original is the frog. If you have the regular cameleon the adaptors out there are compatible with car seats. You can double check with the car seat company/bugaboo/baby store which adapter is the right fit… I don’t understand why this should be a problem. Which car seat do you need?

Sesame

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 2:31 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I need a new one. I don’t think I even have my old one anymore, even if it’s not expired. Ideally I’d like to get one that is compatible with the original chameleon, but I can’t seem to find anything.

Bugaboo have the turtle that would fit. There’s also maxi codi, cybex and some other options.

amother
Carnation

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 2:45 am
Usually on the middle bar on the frame under the bugaboo stroller seat is the model number and manufacture year.

The adapters also have a model number on them that you should be able to look up what stroller it goes with online.

I found plenty on ebay?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/I.htm.....op=15

(I'm not in the USA though so maybe it comes up differently for you 🤷‍♀️)

amother
Skyblue

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 7:24 am
LovesHashem wrote:
Leaving a car seat in a hot car though can damage it over time I've heard and compromise its safety.

This is not true. Car seats should not be used past their expiration dates but they are made for the car and manufacturers expect they will be left there. Far more dangerous for a baby to be left asleep in a car seat outside the car and have compromised breathing.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 7:37 am
Sesame wrote:
The original is the frog. If you have the regular cameleon the adaptors out there are compatible with car seats. You can double check with the car seat company/bugaboo/baby store which adapter is the right fit… I don’t understand why this should be a problem. Which car seat do you need?

I need an infant seat that’s compatible with the bugaboo chameleon. Anything I’m seeing says chameleon 3, which is different than what I have.
I guess my best bet is to reach out to bugaboo and find out what car seats are compatible, and go from there.

Sesame

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 7:48 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I need an infant seat that’s compatible with the bugaboo chameleon. Anything I’m seeing says chameleon 3, which is different than what I have.
I guess my best bet is to reach out to bugaboo and find out what car seats are compatible, and go from there.

Cameleon and cameleon 3 and cameleon 3+ are compatible

Sesame

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 7:50 am
Just ask someone in your neighbourhood if you can try the cameleon 3 adapter and car seat outside their house on your frame for 2 mins. No big deal

amother
Phlox

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 7:54 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

The only reason they are saying chameleon 3 is because it is the only chameleon being sold new. Websites aren't usually listing every old model and what car seats work for it.
What you might find easier is to look at a car seat and see which strollers it is listed for. The maxi cosi adapters are the most common and will fit both maxi cosi and cybex, as well as some other models.
I would suggest getting either the maxi cosi or the cybex.
You would probably want the base with the car seat to click it in and out without having to restrap the car seat each time you go in and out the car.
What you could do is get smaller wheels, similar to the click and go idea if you find the bugaboo too bulky for daily use. Most strollers will fit either maxi cosi or cybex car seats.

This seems to be a comprehensive list.
https://babygearessentials.com.....uide/

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 8:12 am
amother [ Phlox ] wrote:
The only reason they are saying chameleon 3 is because it is the only chameleon being sold new. Websites aren't usually listing every old model and what car seats work for it.
What you might find easier is to look at a car seat and see which strollers it is listed for. The maxi cosi adapters are the most common and will fit both maxi cosi and cybex, as well as some other models.
I would suggest getting either the maxi cosi or the cybex.
You would probably want the base with the car seat to click it in and out without having to restrap the car seat each time you go in and out the car.
What you could do is get smaller wheels, similar to the click and go idea if you find the bugaboo too bulky for daily use. Most strollers will fit either maxi cosi or cybex car seats.

This seems to be a comprehensive list.
https://babygearessentials.com.....uide/

Thank you so much, I really appreciate this. It’s not my first, but I always get overwhelmed by the thought of car seats and strollers.

mommyhood

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 11:03 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
And they always sleep through the transfer? Or they just go back to sleep?
Truthfully, either way I still need a car seat….
I have a minivan so it’s not a huuuuuuge issue to pack the bugaboo stroller into my trunk, but if we are going somewhere with the whole family, there might not be be space. An infant can go in any stroller? (Can you tell it’s been a while?)

The snap n go is big it probably takes up just as much room as your bugaboo but that's what I found easiest for the first few months. Once they're a bit bigger I just take the baby in and out the car seats just too annoying to shlep and I don't like the baby to spend time in it if not necessary.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics