Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Do I need to tell
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Starflower

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 6:28 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
If the person who is wearing a mask while driving alone because of their fear of covid can give a good reason as to why they are wearing the mask, maybe I would feel differently. Everybody can do what they want. And I can think people are stupid if I want to.

I'm happy to give you my reason for wearing a mask while driving my kids - and I may seem to be alone because you might not see who's in the back seat.
I'm severely immunocompromised due to my treatment and meds now, and have extensive lung damage. That means that any typical cold has a great chance of turning into a life-threatening pneumonia(btdt too many times already). Therefore, if any of my kids has a cold (or has been exposed to various viruses) I mask, as I've done for years, including pre-Covid, depending on my treatment protocol and as advised by my hem/onc and infectious disease doctor.

I don't think I look ill so those who don't know what I'm dealing with wouldn't realize.

So, do you deem my reason good enough? On second thought, forget it. It really doesn't make a difference.
I hope most people who see me are not clueless, judgemental, know-it-alls, but if they are it's not my worry!

fleetwood

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 6:51 pm
Did you ever see a non Asian person wearing a mask when they were driving a car alone before covid? I never did and see it plenty now.

Maybe you see me.. Bec I just left the office and forgot to remove it. Or I just left the doctor and forgot to remove it. Or I just left the library...are you getting my point??

fleetwood

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 6:53 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
You should my mom has covid now for the 1st time. I'm the last person who is pro covid But if you're sick with covid you should let people know because people have conditions that conditions that you may not know about And it could be dangerous if they get sick So at least they should know what they have so they can get the proper help

This is a first.." pro covid"...that's a new one.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 7:11 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Maybe you see me.. Bec I just left the office and forgot to remove it. Or I just left the doctor and forgot to remove it. Or I just left the library...are you getting my point??

Makes no difference to me. Wear the mask alone. I think it's dumb. And I find it amazing people can forget to remove something that's covering their mouth. But if you like it wear it. Nobody is stopping you. There is no rule against it.

fleetwood

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 7:18 pm
Makes no difference to me. Wear the mask alone. I think it's dumb. And I find it amazing people can forget to remove something that's covering their mouth. But if you like it wear it. Nobody is stopping you. There is no rule against it.

I actually don't wear a mask..unless I'm asked to. But thanks for your permission.
Btw..I took the bus home from work and walked from the bus stop to my house masked up..Bec I forgot to remove it. Boy, I must be a real dummy..

amother
Lightpink

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 7:30 pm
fleetwood wrote:

I'm not getting your point at all. Why is it difficult to accept that when there is wide scale propaganda and lies that there will be victims who will fall for it? So there are basically 2 categories. BOTH have members.

1. People who continue to mask because they are immunocompromised, forgot to take off the mask, or another somewhat valid reason.

2. People who wear masks because they are sheep and believe anything the government or CDC says and are brainwashed.

I have no idea which category you're in. Do you agree that there are individuals in both groups?

fleetwood

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 7:34 pm
amother [ Lightpink ] wrote:
I'm not getting your point at all. Why is it difficult to accept that when there is wide scale propaganda and lies that there will be victims who will fall for it? So there are basically 2 categories. BOTH have members.

1. People who continue to mask because they are immunocompromised, forgot to take off the mask, or another somewhat valid reason.

2. People who wear masks because they are sheep and believe anything the government or CDC says and are brainwashed.

I have no idea which category you're in. Do you agree that there are individuals in both groups?

No. They are not sheep! What a disgusting thing to say. Do you understand the connotation of the word sheep. I bet you don't . Perhaps you're the one who is brainwashed. Let's see you call people that vile term under your screen name...

amother
Magnolia

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 7:36 pm
amother [ Tiffanyblue ] wrote:
If your kid catches flu or strep, do you call the school to tell them why you kept him home?
Tell all the moms so they know to expect possible illness etc.?

I'm not commenting on covid, but I'm just wondering how far this is taken as a norm.

I let the school nurse know, and if anyone was at our house I let them know too. Why wouldn’t I?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 8:04 pm
fleetwood wrote:
No. They are not sheep! What a disgusting thing to say. Do you understand the connotation of the word sheep. I bet you don't . Perhaps you're the one who is brainwashed. Let's see you call people that vile term under your screen name...

People who are wearing a mask solely because the fda/cdc scared them are somewhat brainwashed. Obviously people may have their own personal reasons for masking.

amother
Lightpink

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 8:05 pm
fleetwood wrote:

The word sheep is used to describe people who follow and accept rules and ideas without giving any consideration as to whether the rule makes any sense. They blindlessly follow- like sheep.

Do you question the CDC and the WHO? Are you aware they have walked back much of what they've said about covid?

Why is it surprising that some people are sheep? I'm shocked that you believe otherwise.

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 9:59 pm
amother [ Lightpink ] wrote:
The word sheep is used to describe people who follow and accept rules and ideas without giving any consideration as to whether the rule makes any sense. They blindlessly follow- like sheep.

Do you question the CDC and the WHO? Are you aware they have walked back much of what they've said about covid?

Why is it surprising that some people are sheep? I'm shocked that you believe otherwise.

It's trendy to call people sheep when they follow what's mainstream. Ironically, others are often even more zealous about parroting everything that alternative sources say. They follow just as blindly, but because it's not mainstream, they're not sheep. Get it? Yeah, I don't either.

amother
Lightpink

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 10:26 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
It's trendy to call people sheep when they follow what's mainstream. Ironically, others are often even more zealous about parroting everything that alternative sources say. They follow just as blindly, but because it's not mainstream, they're not sheep. Get it? Yeah, I don't either.

I think anyone who blindly follows any narrative without thinking or using logic is a sheep. I suppose the ones that believe in every conspiracy theory don't get that much attention because they are far outnumbered by those who blindly follow MSM.

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 10:31 pm

This exactly!!!
If I'm an MSM sheep, then you're a Joe Rogan sheep.

amother
Lightpink

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 11:06 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
This exactly!!!
If I'm an MSM sheep, then you're a Joe Rogan sheep.

Do you feel this is a fair comparison?

Anyone with their eyes even a little open would acknowledge that MSM has become full blown propaganda machine. It's embarrassing. From the "mostly peaceful protests", to actually editing interviews with liberal politicians to achieve their narrative. This isn't the politics section so I'll leave it there.

I don't listen to Rogan that much. I know he has a podcast and has said a few controversial things about Covid. He called out CNN for lying when they claimed that ivermectin was a horse dewormer even though the drug has been in medical use for humans for several decades. Even CNN's chief medical corresponded Sanjay Gupta admitted that CNN lied about ivermectin when they claimed it wasn't meant for humans.

Can you name a few whacky things that Rogan has said? I think MSM tries to label him a conspiracy nut. Maybe it's true, I don't know. The only story I followed was when he exposed MSM for lying about ivermectin.

What crazy ideas has Rogan claimed that his supporters accepted without any basis? Can you name a few please?

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 11:13 pm
I have no idea who Rogan is, but I do know that for a period in 2020/2021, frum Instagram was blowing up with covid posts from alternative news and science sites. It got to the point that certain influencers would repost everything that their favorite accounts shared. And then I would open it and scratch my head because they obviously never read it at all. Or they just didn't understand it. Because what they were saying or writing in the captions had nothing to do with the article or news feature they were sharing. I unfollowed anyone contributing to the covid noise in any way but it was definitely eye opening. I don't like calling people animal names but the blind sharing and shouting about nonsense was mind blowing.

fleetwood

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 6:34 am

Exactly. Seems almost cult like. They just keep repeating the same point over and over like robots. Talk about brainwashed!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 7:23 am
fleetwood wrote:
Exactly. Seems almost cult like. They just keep repeating the same point over and over like robots. Talk about brainwashed!

Not exactly a great comparison. The left tells mostly lies. I would rather repeat the truth than lies.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 8:29 am
Not exactly a great comparison. The left tells mostly lies. I would rather repeat the truth than lies.

Everyone believes that what they believe is the truth

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 8:40 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
Everyone believes that what they believe is the truth

Besides for when it isn't the truth. Like the vaccine will protect you from getting and spreading covid...till many of the people who were vaccinated got covid. Like masks will protect you from getting covid...covid still spread with masks.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics