Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Several breast infections

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 3:16 pm
Hi. I had four infections in the last couple of months. I take motrin for pain and 2/3 doses of amoxicillin and it goes away. Should I be concerned that it's happening more than once? Can it be because I wasn't taking amoxicillin for 10 days? I've had it on both. Tia!

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 3:29 pm
Yes!! It is because you didn’t finish. I went through this. I got it and then I took most of the antibiotics, stopped a day after the pain went away and a week or two later it was back even worse, but on the other side. The doctor said that if you don’t take until the end then there are residual spores left inside. You must take any antibiotics until the end or you don’t kill the infection and end up with something worse, potentially life threatening.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 3:31 pm
2-3 doses is definitely not enough to get rid of any infection. You need to finish the course. Who gave you amoxicillin? Doctors usually like to prescribe doxycycline for mastitis.
I was getting constant clogged ducts and infections even when finishing my antibiotics. What helped me was taking a lecithin supplement.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics