Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
What would you do?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jun 11 2022, 10:03 pm
We are making a simcha in a few weeks.

A lot of people have responded with a yes or no, but there a quite a number of "maybes"

We need to tell caterers, make final counts for linens and centerpieces, and all these "maybes" make a huge difference!

One person literally said that they may be going out of town, but maybe not, and they'll let us know that week! It's a family of 6!

Some are like, we might have guests coming into town, so we aren't sure yet if we are coming. One actually asked a few weeks ago if they could bring their guests. I'm not even sure even how to respond to that.

Another family of 6 said they might be in town (from out of state) and they may come, may not.

I'm not sure what to do (even just these 3 examples are like 3 full tables....makes a huge difference!)

How should I handle it these? I really would love for people to come, but I feel totally in limbo!

Thanks!

SYA

Post Sat, Jun 11 2022, 10:11 pm
I follow up a week before the Simcha on the maybe’s.
A few weeks is a little early.

amother
Dill

Post Sat, Jun 11 2022, 10:36 pm
I'm in a simcha related business and they usually only need the actual counts a few days before. This is in Lakewood. It might be different where you live. Did the caterer and other vendors give you a date when they need the final count?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics