Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
BDE Rabbi Neuman, former principal of BYQ
Previous  1  2

amother
IndianRed

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 11:33 pm
amother [ Crocus ] wrote:
Yes... He never called on me, it was always made me a little sad. Looking back now it was a bracha he didn't call on me, I have a terrible voice!

I didn’t get called on either!!!

amother
Copper

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 2:23 am
“Shabbos Shira to us is so dear
In the morning we say (sing?) Az Yashir
We give the bridies breadcrumbs to eat…
And then they say (?) tweet tweet”

amother
IndianRed

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 2:47 am
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
“Shabbos Shira to us is so dear
In the morning we say (sing?) Az Yashir
We give the bridies breadcrumbs to eat…
And then they say (?) tweet tweet”

Almost-
Shabbos Shira to us is so dear
In the Torah we say lein Az Yashir
We give breadcrumbs to the faygalach to eat…
And when they say thanks they say “tweet tweet”

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 9:10 am
The beginning of the song is “Save your dimes and nickels, buy some kosher pickles, fight fight fight for Yisroel”

amother
Foxglove

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 9:34 am
What made Rabbi Neuman so special was he was "old school" european but was so caring and loving. There was no stupidity like fighting over skirt length or socks. Everyone wore the uniform in their preferred length as long as it covered knees and we were allowed to wear short socks and no one cared. They focused on internals, not exterior.

amother
IndianRed

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 9:41 am
amother [ Foxglove ] wrote:
What made Rabbi Neuman so special was he was "old school" european but was so caring and loving. There was no stupidity like fighting over skirt length or socks. Everyone wore the uniform in their preferred length as long as it covered knees and we were allowed to wear short socks and no one cared. They focused on internals, not exterior.

Uniform? My 10 years there - there was no uniform… I know in the recent years there’s been one but I guess I’m from a totally generation! Funny thing is- somehow there were old yearbooks laying around when we were in the older grades and we used to marvel at how old fashioned the girls used to look. I’m the old fashioned one now!

amother
Banana

Post Sat, Jun 11 2022, 4:05 pm
remember Rabbi Newman used to go on the mic every friday and say 'go visit your parents if they live in the vacinity' and if not call them to wish them a good shabbos
I also remeber when we gathered in the multi purpose room on the 4th floor (?)and he told us his story of how they were going to go on the trains to the concentration camps I think and then someone came out and yelled 'NEWMAN' and somehow they got saved- I dont know why that resonates with me- I can still him him yelling 'newman'
I also rmemeber another assembly in the gym when we said a few kapittel tehillim and he told us the story of nachson wachsman
I have such positive memories of him and the whole school
someone mentioned mrs shalmon, I remember the name- was she the teacher that taught calligraphy in the junior high clubs?

(I am 29)

amother
Banana

Post Sat, Jun 11 2022, 4:09 pm
Joe and all his shenanigans- he would tell us Broken toe every morning (his version of boker tov)
remember his dollar that was stuck to invisible string?
which kid didnt he play that trick on
and Jose from lunch- would put ketchup on your pasta in the shape of a J

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sat, Jun 11 2022, 11:28 pm
Who remembers the parakeet? That joe had? Was that his name?

amother
Mayflower

Post Sat, Jun 11 2022, 11:33 pm
amother [ Banana ] wrote:
Joe and all his shenanigans- he would tell us Broken toe every morning (his version of boker tov)
remember his dollar that was stuck to invisible string?
which kid didnt he play that trick on
and Jose from lunch- would put ketchup on your pasta in the shape of a J

"Don't drink the water, it's wet"

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 2:25 am
I actually was recruited to a Sunday morning chavrusah program for women in Forest Hills when I was an older single, this goes back already about 20 years, and Mrs. Shalmon was one of my ladies! She was so sweet and humble about being "tutored" by one of her graduates. I invited her to my wedding, but I don't remember if she came.

amother
Crocus

Post Mon, Sep 18 2023, 8:37 am
Just wanted to share that I heard they are hanging the name of that triangle across the street from the school to Rabbi Neuman Way.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics