Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Give me hope I'll still look good!!

How much weight have you lost and your body still looks good.
I've lost <20 Ibs  
 28%  [ 8 ]
I've lost 20 - 40 Ibs  
 14%  [ 4 ]
I've lost 40 - 60 Ibs  
 28%  [ 8 ]
I've lost 60 - 80 Ibs  
 3%  [ 1 ]
I've lost > 80 Ibs  
 25%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 28

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 6:41 am
I'm young, have a toddler of 2. Since her birth I've gained and gained and gained.... I'm approximately 70 Ibs overweight at this point. Crying
I want to lose weight. Apart from the health factor, my main factor is looking and feeling beautiful again.
And dieting is difficult of course.
However the thought that really hinders me is that I'll never have a beautiful toned slim body EVEN IF I LOSE ALL THE EXTRA WEIGHT! I've seen grotesque images online of people after large weight loss. They may be healthier but they look far uglier with all the rolling loose skin. Anybody out there who has lost a similar amount of weight and they look non the worse for it?? And if yes any tips or tricks to going about it.

amother
Peony

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 6:52 am
1. I've learned to love my body, loose skin and all
2. Slow, very slow, weight loss. Include a lot of water intake and toning exercises.

You may still have a little joey pouch after all that. When you're done having kids, you can get that skin tucked if it still bothers you.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 6:58 am
amother [ Peony ] wrote:
1. I've learned to love my body, loose skin and all
2. Slow, very slow, weight loss. Include a lot of water intake and toning exercises.

You may still have a little joey pouch after all that. When you're done having kids, you can get that skin tucked if it still bothers you.

Thanks. What do you consider slow weight loss?
And if you're saying you have loose skin may I ask how much weight you have lossed that left you with that?
And may I ask at what age? Is it foolish hope to think that being in my low 20's my skin will miraculously bounce back?

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 7:02 am
I was in a similar situation as you and now look like a model. Or so I'm told. No extra skin BH. I started working out regularly and that keeps me toned too.

amother
Geranium

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 7:09 am
Op u are very young. Don’t worry about hanging skin

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 7:12 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
I was in a similar situation as you and now look like a model. Or so I'm told. No extra skin BH. I started working out regularly and that keeps me toned too.

Really?? That really gives me hope. I thought this was kind of a pointless post to write since I thought it was a given that large weight loss leaves loose skin.
Can you tell me how much weight you lost?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 7:14 am
amother [ Geranium ] wrote:
Op u are very young. Don’t worry about hanging skin

I am very young and VERY overweight. Are you talking from experience or is this a platitude?

amother
Geranium

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 7:22 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am very young and VERY overweight. Are you talking from experience or is this a platitude?

I am much older than you.
& lost a lot of weight. I don’t have loose skin.
I exercise almost every day. Think that’s the key.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 7:24 am
Under 100lbs loss
And under 30 years

You’ll be fine.
Try dry brushing weekly to stimulate lymphatic flow, and bring blood to the surface.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 7:35 am
Thank you for the replies!
It's really giving me hope!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 7:51 am
amother [ Geranium ] wrote:
I am much older than you.
& lost a lot of weight. I don’t have loose skin.
I exercise almost every day. Think that’s the key.

Which kind of exercise? Aerobic? toning?

amother
Geranium

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 8:02 am
Swimming.

amother
Winterberry

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 8:03 am
This is actually very individual and there isn't really a way to know in advance how your body will react. Losing it slowly and exercise can help but it's not a guarantee.
I have lost 50/60 lbs 3 times in the last 10 years. (I've regained it again and I'm trying again to lose it) My body never looked like a model or toned and tight but I didn't have sagging skin. Definitely not like the pictures your describing. I have friends who have lost equal amounts of weight and do have that sagging skin. The thing is that they feel proud of their hard work and their weight loss, the sagging skin is a side issue. If it really bad you can get surgery to remove hanging skin.
I think you're overthinking and you should lose the weight if you want to and deal with skin if it's an issue when you lose the it.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 9:40 am
I lost over a hundred pounds. My body will never be perfect, but I love it now despite its lack of perfection because of what it does for me and how good I feel.

It’s not the weight loss that made my extra skin horrible, it was the extra hundred plus pounds on my body. The fat gave me the extra skin folds, not the weight loss. I still have weight to lose. Might have plastic surgery some day. The skin folds are a major pain in the neck . I’ll see.

I never really understood when people blamed the weightloss.

amother
Raspberry

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 10:06 am
It really is different for everyone. It's a genetic factor. I lost 100 lbs and had no lose skin BH. My face looks amazing. No hanging skin anywhere that I didn't have before. I wasn't down to ideal weight, so I won't say I looked like a model. I know I'm blessed with elastic skin genes.
My friend lost the same amount at the same age, and she has tons of skin folds.

amother
Peony

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 2:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks. What do you consider slow weight loss?
And if you're saying you have loose skin may I ask how much weight you have lossed that left you with that?
And may I ask at what age? Is it foolish hope to think that being in my low 20's my skin will miraculously bounce back?

Half a pound a week is slow to me.

I lost around 60 pounds.

I'm in my upper twenties, 3 pregnancies in. My first two pregnancies, my skin was completely elastic, Andi only had a few stretch marks. My last one, I gained a lot of weight, sent my skin began to wrinkle - also on my face, it's a whole body age thing, I think - so now I have my little joey pouch. I'm almost 2 years pp though, and even that is shrinking now, so I have hope that my skin is working on it. Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise