Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
David Becker (NJ) for ADHD, adult and child
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 3:23 pm
I heard a couple of interviews with him and I feel like he gets it.
Have you used him for either your child or yourself (or the spouse of someone with ADHD- my husband and my child child have adhd and I want help for both my child and myself, not necessarily the same person).
What’s your experience, what’s his strengths?
And what’s his office contact number?

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 6:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

And what’s his office contact number?

732-475-4422

amother
Feverfew

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 6:53 pm
I know him on a professional level as a colleague .
He is tops. Very Skilled. Excellent rapport with the ppl he works with.
I think he does very well with adult/older teens ADHD
He is also works well with kids

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 7:13 pm
amother [ Feverfew ] wrote:
I know him on a professional level as a colleague .
He is tops. Very Skilled. Excellent rapport with the ppl he works with.
I think he does very well with adult/older teens ADHD
He is also works well with kids
Have you heard of him working with a spouse? Is there value to that? Can a licensed professional work with someone over zoom from another state?

amother
Feverfew

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 7:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Have you heard of him working with a spouse? Is there value to that? Can a licensed professional work with someone over zoom from another state?

Yes , of course there is value to working with the spouse. There’s so much positive you can bring into your life this way.

Re zoom and out of state. I don’t know what his policies are. Why don’t you call and see if you can schedule a consult with him , and take it from there.

Good luck! May you find the right shaliach

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 7:22 pm
Amen and thanks for the encouragement.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 2:53 pm
In a email, do I address him as Mr. Becker or is he a Rabbi (or R’?) Becker?

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 4:13 pm
He's a Mr! And we use him for our son, he's wonderful. Great with boys. Not sure how you will appreciate him if you want someone more validating, sensitive, etc. He's more of the pragmatic, say-it-as-is approach.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 4:30 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
He's a Mr! And we use him for our son, he's wonderful. Great with boys. Not sure how you will appreciate him if you want someone more validating, sensitive, etc. He's more of the pragmatic, say-it-as-is approach.
Happy for you and your son. He can’t work with us since he’s not licensed in my state.
He is super validating by being pragmatic! It’s not the situation in which I need someone’s sympathy: someone who gets it is validating.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 6:26 pm
Is Becker good for spousal abuse? Or ADHD is his main specialty?

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 7:32 pm
What are his qualificiations?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 7:33 pm
He’s a social worker
https://www.linkedin.com/in/da.....ccsp/

amother
Currant

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 3:54 am
I’ve heard of someone in Nutley and Passaic who is supposed to be incredibly compassionate and completely understanding with the nuances of adhd. I’ve heard great things from a few people.
His name is Yisroel Reich. 8622570069

monsey mom1

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 1:45 pm
Rabbi Reich is excellent. I would recommend him to anyone with ADHD. Very skilled.

amother
Wallflower

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 2:09 pm
Are either of these professionals, David Becker or Yisroel.Reich diagnosing and /or prescribing medication? If not, then what are they doing? We recently started my son on medication for ADHD and I'm not sure what the next step is.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 4:04 pm
Jumping on the bandwagon here. Dh has adhd and a few of my children do.

Do you recommend Becker or Reich for dh?

And what can they do for him?

amother
Almond

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 6:20 pm
I do not know Becker but if he is a LCSW he can not prescribe. Rabbi Reich is a LPC (and is excellent) but he can not prescribe. However they both can teach skills to help them manage ADHD. They can process issues that have arisen from ADHD. Medication can help slow down a person but does not change the person. Medication in conjunction with therapy have the best results.

amother
Currant

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 7:16 pm
I’ve heard that he has a lot of success helping deal with the shame and low self esteem involved around the adhd as well

amother
Yarrow

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 8:05 pm
Dovid Becker specializes in treating ADHD. He cannot prescribe medication but he teaches coping skills and helps clients manage their lives better. He is great at what he does.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 8:52 pm
Op here. My dh and a child have adhd. I heard a couple of podcasts with Dovid Becker (Coach Menachem was one) and I was blown away by how much he gets it. That’s what I was looking for.

For those who want to see if it’s a good fit you can listen to him too. See if it resonates with you. I think he understands both the life of someone with adhd and also what it’s like living with someone with adhd. Both the potential benefits and weaknesses.

And I can see how he’d be good at helping people with adhd work through shame and self-esteem issues.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)