Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
First time in the States- Please help!
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 3:52 pm
Thanks guys!
This has been really helpful!!
I guess we are looking for more touristy stuff (and less frum stuff) I'm just nervous about staying the night in a bad neighborhood so I guess for a hotel/motel I'll first try in the frum areas. Does anyone know if the Howard Johnson hotel in Clifton is in a safe area and not too far from Manhattan? I'm totally clueless Dont know but their price is quite decent.
And I think we'll stay away from the subway- I don't feel comfortable with that.

For those of you who were concerned about the long drive- we won't be driving directly to washington- we're just going to be there the last days in America and wanted to stay in a hotel near the airport as we have a very early morning flight.
Thanks again!

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 4:00 pm
Here is contact information for a shul in Clifton. I would check with them for advice on the area.
https://www.bneitorahclifton.o......html

amother
Cyclamen

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 4:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks guys!
I guess we are looking for more touristy stuff (and less frum stuff) I'm just nervous about staying the night in a bad neighborhood so I guess for a hotel/motel I'll first try in the frum areas. Does anyone know if the Howard Johnson hotel in Clifton is in a safe area and not too far from Manhattan? I'm totally clueless Dont know but their price is quite decent.
And I think we'll stay away from the subway- I don't feel comfortable with that.

For those of you who were concerned about the long drive- we won't be driving directly to washington- we're just going to be there the last days in America and wanted to stay in a hotel near the airport as we have a very early morning flight.
Thanks again!

The subway is quite an experience for kids, and with Waze you really don't have to be worried. Assuming you are 2 adults you will be fine. That just my opinion. I don't live in the US but when we do go Manhattan is by far the most exciting thing for them. If you have girls consider the American Girl Place...

doctorima

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 4:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks guys!

Howard Johnsons are cheap, but you get what you pay for. They are one of the lowest rated hotel chains in the US. Please read the reviews before booking: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Ho......html

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 4:47 pm
I wouldn’t want to stay in Passaic/Clifton if I was going to be touring Manhattan - too far imo.

shanarishona

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 2:09 am
Central Park?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics