Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
How much weight did you loose per week?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 12:18 pm
Hi,

I feel like my body works sooooo slowly...
Wondering what’s normal.
If you were ever on a diet..how much weight did you loose per week? (You can also include your starting weight and ending weight , and how long it took to get from start to end)
Thanks!!

amother
Caramel

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 12:43 pm
approx 2 lbs per week.. and then would gain a bit back over shabbos.. so turned out to be more like 1 or 1.5 per week..very slow but I have pcos so that makes it harder

amother
Nemesia

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 12:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi,

I feel like my body works sooooo slowly...
Wondering what’s normal.
If you were ever on a diet..how much weight did you loose per week? (You can also include your starting weight and ending weight , and how long it took to get from start to end)
Thanks!!

When I diet by cutting out all added sugar, eat very minimal refined carbs like pasta bread crackers etc-focus mainly on proteins, fruits, veggies AND I do lots of exercise daily (not just easy treadmill. Real hard core HIIT type exercises) then I lose weight steadily, but slowly. About 1/3 to 1/2 a pound per week.
I should add that im only 5"1, and dont have tons of extra body fat to lose, more just like postpartum baby fat type. So my body will not burn off the pounds as quickly as a taller larger person, thats just how it works.

I should also add that once ive lost all the weight I wanted (about 10-15 lb) then I go back to regular eating and light exercise, and the weight stays off.

amother
Banana

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 1:33 pm
Often the first week between 3-4 lbs. After that 1-2 lbs max weekly.

amother
Banana

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 1:33 pm
Often the first week between 3-4 lbs. After that 1-2 lbs max weekly.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 7:44 pm
Bump for more responses

Esty 4

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 9:08 pm
1/2 lb - 1lb a week

steak4me

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 9:11 pm
This is all so validating. I’m working so hard now to lose weight. I had a total of 35 lbs to lose. I’m down to 27 more lbs. the first week like 4 lbs and then .5-1 lb a week. So sloowwww. But it’s the real way and no diets that lose more than that are sustainable or proven to stay off.

Esty 4

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 9:17 pm
yea, I was also discouraged at first. But then when I saw the numbers consistently going down I realized slow and steady is great

amother
Lemonlime

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 9:19 pm
1 pound a week
Stay positive. Losing slowly is more effective for long term. It means you're learning a new way to eat instead of killing your metabolism.

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 1:14 am
amother [ Lemonlime ] wrote:
1 pound a week
Stay positive. Losing slowly is more effective for long term. It means you're learning a new way to eat instead of killing your metabolism.

Agreed. List over 100#. Started 5 + years ago. Could Lose more but 98% regain and I’m not. I’ll take it.

amother
Cognac

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 9:59 am
Someone close to me did intermittent fasting 18-6 and lost 5 pounds a month for about 6 months.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise