Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Irene lace top got very puffy

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 12:54 pm
Did this happen to anyones lace top wig?
I’ve had it for around a year and a half and it’s gotten puffier and puffier the last few months particularly at the sides. It’s an unnatural puffiness, it doesn’t look like it would occur with real hair. I was told it has to do with the placements of the wefts of hair and that there’s nothing that can be done about it, it’s just how the wigs were made then.
I need to brush it down every few minutes and then it just puffs out again, looking crazy and ridiculous. It also gets really tangled, every time I brush it there are knots (and I brush it constantly).
Did this happen to anyone and what did you do? I contacted the sheitel macher I got it from, waiting to hear back.

amother
Blueberry

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 1:22 pm
This happened to me but not with a lace top. If you have a hair iron don’t be afraid to use it for a smoother look. The hair iron worked for me but I was still disappointed that the hair became puffy.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 1:34 pm
amother [ Blueberry ] wrote:
This happened to me but not with a lace top. If you have a hair iron don’t be afraid to use it for a smoother look. The hair iron worked for me but I was still disappointed that the hair became puffy.
I don’t have a hair iron bc my natural hair is straight. I would get one but it seems to me like it has less to do with the hair itself and more of the way it was sewn in (though the hair isn’t great, it started out much nicer). Did you go back to the person who sold you the wig about the issue?

amother
RosePink

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 6:32 pm
I have the same issue. The wig looks horrendous unless it's 2 minutes after brushing it. It looks like a ball of hair ugh, I even had the front hairs changed and it still looks bad

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 3:58 pm
amother [ RosePink ] wrote:
I have the same issue. The wig looks horrendous unless it's 2 minutes after brushing it. It looks like a ball of hair ugh, I even had the front hairs changed and it still looks bad
So sorry!! It’s such a pain! I’m going tonight to see if someone can fix it, if she’s able to fix it I’ll let you know

amother
Stonewash

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 5:30 pm
Sometimes it's the baby hair in the hairline that causes the hair lying on top of it to knot.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels