Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
What is right to do ?(also administrator threatens)
Previous  1  2

amother
Lightgreen

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 10:32 pm
amother [ Garnet ] wrote:
Quote:
So what do parents in your community do when they literally don't have money?

What does that have to do with the new school?

That has to be taken care of with the old school. Either she needs to figure out a payment plan or she needs to appeal to them for more financial aid. But the fact that she's switching to a new school doesn't mean she now doesn't need to pay the old school whatever she agreed to pay them

You said they cannot be accepted in a new school until all outstanding tuition has been paid. It didn't sound like a payment plan would be okay in such a case.

amother
Garnet

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 10:37 pm
Quote:
You said they cannot be accepted in a new school until all outstanding tuition has been paid. It didn't sound like a payment plan would be okay in such a case.

If the old school agreed to the payment plan that would be fine. In most I haven't seen that happen.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 10:39 pm
amother [ Garnet ] wrote:
If the old school agreed to the payment plan that would be fine. In most I haven't seen that happen.

So even if a parent has proposed a feasible payment plan, the old school can reject it saying "we want it all now"? Sounds like a very unfair system.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 10 2022, 12:57 pm
Thank you everyone for feedback. At this point I am very upset about administrators rudeness
I understand that there is obligation to pay full tuition and I did that for many years in this school. For this year I tried by applying to essential worker and got approved but school did not due their part in receiving it. Then I continue paying and covered 2/3 of it.

The school also has obligations to provide what we pay for and to keep kids safe. They failed in that. The issue is that they showed me over the year that they don’t care about my children’s education, they don’t care about bad behavior expressed by other kids in class on daily basis, they didn’t care when I asked for their help for months to help me get my kids into another school ( no one wanted them because they said their educational is behind), they didn’t care when the snow was piled up preventing kids from getting onto bus safely, they didn’t care when boy almost got lost because no one guided him onto a bus correctly, the office didn’t let my son call me when he got hit in face by their metal door fence ( another boy slammed it onto him) and his entire chick blew up and turned colors . The office didn’t let my child call me or even assist him or check on him when ball hit him and he was bleeding from his nose. All the notebooks I sent at beginning of year are coming back with only one to three pages filled in.

IS IT FARE that school doesn’t want to provide proper services yet expect and now threaten to ruin future education. I tried on my side to cover FULL tuition from beginning. They refused to accept it. I don’t understand why I am the bad guy now.

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Jun 10 2022, 3:20 pm
Pay when you can. Say that you aren't ignoring them. You simply don't have the money on the spot.
Hatzlacha

amother
Freesia

Post Fri, Jun 10 2022, 3:28 pm
I feel for you OP. the administrator of my kids school is also really mean and tough. You can't get anywhere with him. I'm sorry you had to go through it. It's not ok to treat people like that.
Hatzlacha on a new school. Hope everything works out for you

amother
Molasses

Post Fri, Jun 10 2022, 3:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you everyone for feedback. At this point I am very upset about administrators rudeness
I understand that there is obligation to pay full tuition and I did that for many years in this school. For this year I tried by applying to essential worker and got approved but school did not due their part in receiving it. Then I continue paying and covered 2/3 of it.

The school also has obligations to provide what we pay for and to keep kids safe. They failed in that. The issue is that they showed me over the year that they don’t care about my children’s education, they don’t care about bad behavior expressed by other kids in class on daily basis, they didn’t care when I asked for their help for months to help me get my kids into another school ( no one wanted them because they said their educational is behind), they didn’t care when the snow was piled up preventing kids from getting onto bus safely, they didn’t care when boy almost got lost because no one guided him onto a bus correctly, the office didn’t let my son call me when he got hit in face by their metal door fence ( another boy slammed it onto him) and his entire chick blew up and turned colors . The office didn’t let my child call me or even assist him or check on him when ball hit him and he was bleeding from his nose. All the notebooks I sent at beginning of year are coming back with only one to three pages filled in.

IS IT FARE that school doesn’t want to provide proper services yet expect and now threaten to ruin future education. I tried on my side to cover FULL tuition from beginning. They refused to accept it. I don’t understand why I am the bad guy now.

I agree with you OP and really feel for you. I don't know why everyone keeps insisting that you have to pay your dues, while ignoring the fact that the school was delinquent in their duties. You weren't paying them just for babysitting, but for an education (and it doesn't even sound like they provided good babysitting).
If a painter only painted half of someone's house, I doubt they would pay the full amount for a full house. So why you should be obligated to pay for a service you clearly did not get?

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jun 10 2022, 3:36 pm
I'm so sorry for the situation! Not pleasant at all.
I would do everything I could to pay quickly so as not to mess with acceptance to new school. Yes he's bullying you to pay faster, but it's not worth fighting since the risk is great.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 10 2022, 4:55 pm
Thank you everyone
I will update as I can bli neder

From everyone responses I see that the system of this school is cruel and I should work out payment plan to keep things down.

Thank you everyone.

amother
Fern

Post Fri, Jun 10 2022, 5:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Thank G-D The school is closing! Doesn't sound like it should stay in business.
From my experience with numerous schools and yeshivos (I have a double digit size family) administrators behave the same way as rest of the staff at school. When teachers and principal are devoted to provide the best chinuch they can. administrators are menshlich as well and speak respectfully, and by same token parents try their best to pay the most they can.
Unfortunately I've noticed the opposite to be true as well.
I think you have a halachik sheela and no ladies on imamother can pasken if you still owe the rest of the tuition and how much. Go speak to a Rav and if advised bring them to a din torah.

strawberry cola

Post Fri, Jun 10 2022, 6:06 pm
0P. you need to talk to a rav or prominent community askan asap. Tell them what's happening and let them know that you cannot deal with the administrator. Discuss a feasible payment plan, and whether it is ok to renegotiate the total, based on the scholarship issue and your current financial circumstances,. I think this is key and where you need to focus now. Get a wise, responsible, caring Rav or community askan on your case and if the administrator hassles you tell him you are only dealing through Rabbi X and he should call Rabbi X.
If you pm me your location, perhaps I could suggest a suitable person.
Bracha vehatzlachah and Good Shabbos

strawberry cola

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 3:17 pm
How are you doing, op?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics