Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
What's your main reason for wearing a tznius swimsuit?
Previous  1  2

What's your main reason for wearing a tzniusdik swimsuit?
Tznius. It's in the name.  
 38%  [ 51 ]
I like the extra sun protection.  
 2%  [ 3 ]
I'm uncomfortable showing so much skin for reasons other than halacha.  
 28%  [ 38 ]
I don't wear a tzniusdik swimsuit.  
 30%  [ 41 ]
Total Votes : 133

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 6:00 pm
New poll.

amother
Melon

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 6:05 pm
I wear a long t shirt or cover up over my bathing suit because I’m embarrassed of my overweight body
Can someone post a link to a tznius bathing suit? Maybe that’s better for me…

amother
Brickred

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 6:11 pm
I don't wear a Tzniusdik swimsuit cause I wouldn't go swimming where men were around. I grew up in the 80's went to Camp Sternberg and never heard of a Tznius swimming costume until my oldest went on a school trip and needed to buy one. I also used to be a really great swimmer and a lifeguard so I basically only would wear Speedo.

amother
Topaz

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 6:24 pm
It's a interesting question. As a teen when we went swimming with friends or in camp we all wore regular swimsuits. If it was very sunny we'd wear a regular should sleeve tshirt on top. Now when my teens go swimming they insist on wearing the tznius swimsuits even though it's ladies only, and even in camp. They say noone wears a regular swimsuit after a certain age. My 12 yr old still sometimes wears a swimsuit depending on who she is with but mostly she wears either a swim dress or a swim tshirt and shorts. I don't think they do this because of tznius I think it's also that they are atvthat age where they are uncomfortable with their bodies and this is a good option. I make a point to tell my girls always that it's perfectly fine to wear a swimsuits with ladies only swimming although they are free to cover up if they want. Tbh I'd probably also have worn a swimdress as a teen if I'd had that option. I rarely go swimming ever now but if I would I'd also wear a tshirt and shorts at this point only to cover my flab. My girls tell me all the women at the local pool wear regular swimsuits and the teens wear swim dresses.

A few years ago we were on vacation and there were alot of chasidish families there. My girls were younger, not teens yet, and at the ladies pool they wore reg swimsuits. We noticed all the chasidish girls wore swimdresses, but they were very short and with very short sleeves. I asked one of the mothers why they do this, it's not like it was actually tznius anyway and she told me she has the same question lol. She said she has her girls wear it so they won't be odd ones out but she has no idea why.

Anyway that's my long ramble, it's funny how these things are so community dependant.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 7:24 pm
amother [ Melon ] wrote:
I wear a long t shirt or cover up over my bathing suit because I’m embarrassed of my overweight body
Can someone post a link to a tznius bathing suit? Maybe that’s better for me…

Shein has some.

shein.com/Plus-Tropical-Print-Zip-Front-Bikini-Swimsuit-p-10312275-cat-2231.html

shein.com/Plus-Ruffle-Trim-Bikini-Swimsuit-Hat-p-10556164-cat-2231.html

shein.com/Plus-Zipper-Front-Swim-Dress-With-Beach-Pants-p-7926772-cat-2231.html

amother
NeonBlue

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 7:24 pm
Halacha

amother
Melon

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 8:28 pm
Who sells the official frum tznius bathing suits online?
The shein ones posted are very interesting..

amother
Burntblack

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 8:47 pm
amother [ Melon ] wrote:
Who sells the official frum tznius bathing suits online?
The shein ones posted are very interesting..

There's at least a couple of brands. I think Aqua Modesta was the first. Ella something is another. Of course, you can always buy a long sleeve Rashguard and then a swim skirt from a place like Kosher Casual separately, which is a less expensive option. If you search for modest swim suit on Amazon, plenty will come up

amother
NeonPurple

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 8:47 pm
Not totally tznius but shorts & tee shirt bathing suit material because mothers often bring up to 5ish year old boys to the pool, so I feel it's better to dress more modestly- when my son was younger,in the colony I went to, most women wore some kind of tee shirt/cover up for afternoon swim when mothers took their children swimming, but not necessarily in the morning when it was basically ladies & I remember how I appreciated that so I try to do the same

amother
Holly

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 9:52 pm
It depends where we are. If there's any chance of being seen by men, I wear my tznius one, and I include pretty much all outdoor settings in that. Because that's my typical setting, it's become what I'm used to, and I feel weird without. And I don't shave the way I'd need to anymore for the suit I have. If I'm indoors and sure, I might wear my swim leggings and shirt and leave the skirt off, or not. But realistically, I haven't been in a setting where I feel secure more than twice in recent memory. And yes, I keep my hair covered too.

amother
Melon

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 10:14 pm
amother [ Holly ] wrote:
It depends where we are. If there's any chance of being seen by men, I wear my tznius one, and I include pretty much all outdoor settings in that. Because that's my typical setting, it's become what I'm used to, and I feel weird without. And I don't shave the way I'd need to anymore for the suit I have. If I'm indoors and sure, I might wear my swim leggings and shirt and leave the skirt off, or not. But realistically, I haven't been in a setting where I feel secure more than twice in recent memory. And yes, I keep my hair covered too.

If there’s any chance of being seen by men, I wouldn’t be near a swimming pool.
Covering is for a personal level of comfort and tznius.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 10:36 pm
I am a princess, the daughter of Royalty and am proud to dress modest at all times, yes! even when swimming with women only, the maximum tzenius that is shyech.

amother
Dandelion

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 10:52 pm
If by tzniusdik you mean not a bikini but a one piece bathing suit then I wear that cuz of coverage and tznius. But by swim coverup etc. I usually don’t wear around women. (I am overweight and I’m usually more comfortable with a T-shirt and shorts on top just because as I got older and fatter I just got used to it cuz we had to wear it in daycamp…)

amother
Forsythia

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 11:36 pm
The swimdress that many chassidish girls and women wear to swim, is generally a short sleeve short dress. Or a short sleeve tee and a short skirt. Not tzenuis per se, but more tzenuis than just a bathing suit. The modest swimwear like Aqua modesta & undercover waterwear, are basically for the beach and waterparks.

amother
Melon

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 11:39 pm
If I go swimming among chassidish women- is it normal if I wear a cover up (over bathing suit)?

amother
Forsythia

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 11:50 pm
amother [ Melon ] wrote:
If I go swimming among chassidish women- is it normal if I wear a cover up (over bathing suit)?

Yeah, sure. Though depending on the crowd you're going with, there might be more plain bathing suit or a bathing suit with a t-shirt on top.

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 11:53 pm
I feel uncomfortable wearing a bathing suit when everyone is opting to wear the tznius outfits. Need mutual state of undress. lol.

lostmyoldSN

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 2:12 am
For those in Israel, Shreiber has a nice swimsuit that's reasonably priced. 120 shekel. It includes attached shorts. I got one from there. I did have to size up. They run small.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics