Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Does anyone work for Special Edge (enhanced SETSS)?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 10:43 am
I've been offered a case with them and would like some reviews from people who have already worked for them. What is their pay range? What are the paperwork requirements like? How much supervision is there? Overall is this a good agency to work for?

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Aug 02 2023, 2:04 pm
Bump.... Was offered some cases through them... and would like to know a bit more about what the paperwork is like, how much pay I can ask for and etc....

amother
Seablue

Post Wed, Aug 02 2023, 2:17 pm
My daughter is seen by a special edge P3 provider. From what I can tell, reports and paperwork are minimal. The agency tries to bill for a fortune and ends up taking deals with the doe quite often in my experience with them. The provider I use gets paid less than half of what they tried to bill for per hour.

amother
Ballota

Post Wed, Aug 02 2023, 2:24 pm
I’m happy working for them. Minimal paperwork, decent pay. Just know u may have to testify and speak to the lawyer when your case goes to hearing. But that’s not a big deal, you just answer truthfully about your student’s needs.

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Aug 02 2023, 2:49 pm
Thanks both of you!

In terms of pay.... Just wondering what I can ask for when I call them?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 02 2023, 2:58 pm
amother Wine wrote:
Thanks both of you!

In terms of pay.... Just wondering what I can ask for when I call them?

How many years of SETSS experience do you have?
What were you getting at your last job?
Do you have a specialty or will be working in a high demand area?

amother
Ballota

Post Wed, Aug 02 2023, 3:10 pm
Pay rate varies a lot.. it depends on your experience and any additional assets you have..

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Aug 02 2023, 3:17 pm
I have 5 yrs of experience. No other special training and this is during regular school hours. I don't know if it makes a difference but the school and parents really want me (I have worked in this school before and one student I worked with a year ago as a SEIT and the other with a sibling....and both parents are requesting that I work with their child this year....)

amother
Ballota

Post Wed, Aug 02 2023, 3:33 pm
I don’t feel comfortable telling you what I make but if you tell me a range I expect I can tell you if that’s fair/realistic to ask for

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Aug 02 2023, 3:38 pm
Thanks. Does $75 sound right? Less? Or could I try for more?
I've had experiences where I was very unpaid bec I didn't know any better .... so just don't want to get into such a situation again....

amother
Canary

Post Wed, Aug 02 2023, 3:46 pm
What type of therapy are you doing?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 02 2023, 3:59 pm
amother Wine wrote:
Thanks. Does $75 sound right? Less? Or could I try for more?
I've had experiences where I was very unpaid bec I didn't know any better .... so just don't want to get into such a situation again....

I think you can ask for that but be prepared for them to negotiate downward. You don't have a specialty but you do have demand so you're in an OK place to ask for 75.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Wed, Aug 02 2023, 4:00 pm
I think you can ask for a little more. I know someone that got $75 right off the bat, while still in college

amother
Marigold

Post Wed, Aug 02 2023, 4:01 pm
I got 70 from a different agency doing regular seit. Not enhanced

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 02 2023, 4:17 pm
amother NeonOrange wrote:
I think you can ask for a little more. I know someone that got $75 right off the bat, while still in college

Wow that's crazy. Never heard of such a thing unless maybe it was a job no one else wanted (like high school math at home in the evening)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 02 2023, 4:18 pm
amother Marigold wrote:
I got 70 from a different agency doing regular seit. Not enhanced

Unless it was a large group, it was enhanced and you just didn't realize.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Wed, Aug 02 2023, 4:22 pm
It’s a really good agency to work for. Barely any paperwork. Awesome boss. Supervisors are helpful in whatever way they can be. Pay is great. From what I understand they are pretty fair about pay. They are totally yashrus.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Wed, Aug 02 2023, 4:50 pm
amother OP wrote:
Wow that's crazy. Never heard of such a thing unless maybe it was a job no one else wanted (like high school math at home in the evening)

Totally not crazy, first see what they offer and see if you can ask for a little more. Hatzlacha!

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Aug 02 2023, 4:56 pm
amother OP wrote:
Unless it was a large group, it was enhanced and you just didn't realize.

Not necessarily. I get $70 an hour for regular SEIT from my agency but I also have many many years of experience

amother
Charcoal

Post Wed, Aug 02 2023, 5:12 pm
The range is 75 to 95 an hour. Depending on the agency, some agencies pay to the higher end and some to the lower. If you have experience you can definitely ask for more.
When saying that the agency takes a cut, remember they are paying a lawyer, a case management team, a report team, billing team...
and they don't get reimbursed right away from the DOE....
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics