Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Storing kids clothes

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 10:51 am
I’m looking for some ideas for best way to store clothes that no longer fit my kids. I tried some container/bins but found them expensive and took up too make space. I’m now using large ziplocks but they don’t fit enough, I have to use a few for each size/season. Any other ideas?

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 10:57 am
https://www.amazon.com/Spacesa.....ss_tl

zaq

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 3:49 pm
Question #1 is why are you holding on to outgrown clothes? if for existing younger siblings, great. If just in case because you might, maybe, someday, possibly, you never know, have another kid...don't. Give the stuff away, let someone who needs it use it and trust that the KBH will find you new stuff in the event that you need it in the future.

My friend who worked in an office lugged home copier paper cartons and used those. She installed shelves about a foot below the ceiling on the entire perimeters of her kids' rooms and stashed her cartons there. She either painted them or covered them with self-adhesive vinyl to match the walls, labeled each carton with a number, and kept a notebook in which she listed the contents of each carton. The beauty of this system was that the stuff was out of sight, the cartons inconspicuous against the walls but incredibly accessible because they were only one deep and one high on the shelves. No playing Tetris moving cartons around! And because the cartons were labeled only with numbers, as the contents changed, she revised the entries in the notebook and didn't have to relabel the cartons. Brilliant!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 6:12 pm
Yes I am saving it for my younger child, 2 years younger and same gender. Thanks for this idea! It sounds like an aesthetically pleasing way to store it all.

BrisketBoss

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 6:17 pm
Do you receive large boxes of any sort of item that you could use when they're empty? That's what I do for now. It may be less pretty but it's no extra cost and it works.

lfab

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 6:22 pm
Lifewit Large Capacity Clothes Storage Bag Organizer with Reinforced Handle Thick Fabric for Comforters, Blankets, Bedding, Foldable with Sturdy Zipper, Clear Window, 3 Pack, 90L, Grey https://a.co/cW5iXFQ

You can use bags like these. They are quite large (I'm able to fit an entire season worth of clothes in each bag). The are also less bulky than bins and can be folded and stored easily if not being used.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics