Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
12 yr old Son won't go swimming this year..
Previous  1  2

bluebird

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 6:47 pm
singleagain wrote:
I might get bashed for this... But if he will feel better with hairless legs... You can teach him to remove it. That way at least he will get back in the pool and then you can work on accepting the fact that leg hair grows.

If boys notice that he has hair and tease him for it they are absolutely going to notice that hair is gone and bully him even more.

amother
Pansy

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 8:36 pm
singleagain wrote:
We tell our girls to shave... Why is this different?

Also it doesn't grow back thicker.. biologically the hair grows from the root. Cutting the top has no affect on your genetic hair growth rate.
If you don't see a difference between a girl and boy shaving then I'll assume that in some circles there is no difference..?

I said it grows back quicker. I did not say thicker.

singleagain

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 8:37 pm
amother [ Pansy ] wrote:
If you don't see a difference between a girl and boy shaving then I'll assume that in some circles there is no difference..?

I said it grows back quicker. I did not say thicker.

It's called patriarchy.

And no. Thickness is also genetic by the root. And not affected by shaving.

amother
Pansy

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 8:39 pm
singleagain wrote:
It's called patriarchy.

And no. Thickness is also genetic by the root. And not affected by shaving.
right. that's what I said.

singleagain

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 8:41 pm
amother [ Pansy ] wrote:
right. that's what I said.

Sorry I mean to say that hair growth is from the root. The root doesn't change from the top being cut

amother
Tomato

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 9:22 pm
If he's not dark skinned, maybe bleach it. It'll be there but less noticeable

amother
PlumPink

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 9:34 pm
Our bodies changing can be really awkward and uncomfortable. Some kids are fine and some take a while to get used to it.

My son is celebrating every new hair on his cheek, but my friend told me her son is so self conscious about his emerging facial hair.

Let him be, it’ll work out. So he might not swim as much this summer… I wouldn’t make a big deal of it.

With regard to removing it, if kids are making fun of him for having hairy legs, I would think they would make just as much fun - if not more - if they found out he shaved it. (Unless that’s something common in your circles)

amother
Pansy

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 10:11 pm
amother [ PlumPink ] wrote:
Our bodies changing can be really awkward and uncomfortable. Some kids are fine and some take a while to get used to it.

My son is celebrating every new hair on his cheek, but my friend told me her son is so self conscious about his emerging facial hair.

Let him be, it’ll work out. So he might not swim as much this summer… I wouldn’t make a big deal of it.

With regard to removing it, if kids are making fun of him for having hairy legs, I would think they would make just as much fun - if not more - if they found out he shaved it. (Unless that’s something common in your circles)

I had to log in to like the above post.

Last edited by amother on Thu, Sep 22 2022, 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sewsew_mom

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 10:50 pm
amother [ PlumPink ] wrote:

Not sure I came across anywhere saying he would remove his leg hair.. I don't think that's an option. The tiro option when swimming was an option. But removing his armpit hair until he feels comfortable keeping it isn't really in sight if anyone.
I would not want him to remove any hair. He's perfect the way he is. But he needs to wake up and go out every day. So until he's confident with himself he needs to know his options.
I gave him a good book on puberty I'm hoping that will instill more detailed information about being a man.
BTW.. His facial hair doesn't bother him at all.. It's his underarm hair weirdly which noine ever sees..
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children