Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Any women’s shiur in Midwood? Bklyn NY?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 6:30 am
I need some inspiration.. I live right by Pomegranate supermarket and I would love to go to a good women’s shiur to listen and be inspired

mpk

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 6:44 am
FYI there is a Flatbush shiurim WhatsApp chat you can join. Pm me.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 7:18 am
There's a phenomenal women's learning program every Tuesday afternoon at R' Weinfeld's shul (corner 22/L) from 2-4. There are 2 classes with a short break in between - highly recommend!

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 11:44 am
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
There's a phenomenal women's learning program every Tuesday afternoon at R' Weinfeld's shul (corner 22/L) from 2-4. There are 2 classes with a short break in between - highly recommend!

Can you please share more info on this? Who presents? Follow a specific sefer? Can I just walk in or need to register? When does each segment start and end? Can I bring a baby along with me? Thanks!

amother
Oak

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 11:49 am

Do you know who’s speaking this week?
Just fyi there’s a charge $15 for one and $20 for two (I think).
How do you get on the list?

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 1:23 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
Can you please share more info on this? Who presents? Follow a specific sefer? Can I just walk in or need to register? When does each segment start and end? Can I bring a baby along with me? Thanks!

Sorry, just got home from today's classes! Smile

The first class is from 2:05 - 2:50, and it's a guest speaker who's different every week, speaking on inyana d'yoma or other interesting topics (previous speakers have included Yael Kaisman, Mina Glick, Esther Wein, Ivy Kalazan, and Aviva Feiner). The second class is from 3 - 3:45 and is Navi taught by Rabbi Ozer Alport. He's currently doing Megillas Rus and is absolutely phenomenal - highlight of my week!

No registration is required, and if you come for the first time, speak to whoever's at the back table to give them your info to get on the mailing list. There's a suggested donation if you can afford it, but nobody is turned away if they give less or can't afford anything.

To be honest I haven't really seen babies there. It's a pretty focused atmosphere with no distractions, so if the baby makes any noise at all it would not be appreciated. Everyone is asked to turn their cell phones to vibrate or off to avoid interruptions. It's a really high level program and I highly recommend it!

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 1:39 pm
Thanks!

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 5:10 pm
Sorry, just got home from today's classes! Smile

The first class is from 2:05 - 2:50, and it's a guest speaker who's different every week, speaking on inyana d'yoma or other interesting topics (previous speakers have included Yael Kaisman, Mina Glick, Esther Wein, Ivy Kalazan, and Aviva Feiner). The second class is from 3 - 3:45 and is Navi taught by Rabbi Ozer Alport. He's currently doing Megillas Rus and is absolutely phenomenal - highlight of my week!

No registration is required, and if you come for the first time, speak to whoever's at the back table to give them your info to get on the mailing list. There's a suggested donation if you can afford it, but nobody is turned away if they give less or can't afford anything.

To be honest I haven't really seen babies there. It's a pretty focused atmosphere with no distractions, so if the baby makes any noise at all it would not be appreciated. Everyone is asked to turn their cell phones to vibrate or off to avoid interruptions. It's a really high level program and I highly recommend it!

Can you tell me about Rabbi Alport's megilla class? I don't think I can make it to these classes now but I would love to hear what his approach is.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 5:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I need some inspiration.. I live right by Pomegranate supermarket and I would love to go to a good women’s shiur to listen and be inspired

Rabbi Mansour thursdays at 1. Excellent. In his Shul ocean pkwy and R

amother
Moccasin

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 5:39 pm
Rebitzen Dina fink (more single girls)
Shalheves
Ohr Navah

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 5:57 am
mpk wrote:

Can you post a link?

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 10:34 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
Can you tell me about Rabbi Alport's megilla class? I don't think I can make it to these classes now but I would love to hear what his approach is.

It's not a specific approach to Megillas Rus per se, like finding a theme and then developing it through the text. He has the same approach to Rus as to all of Nach, which he's been teaching us for 12 years.

He gives us all the mefarshim, both earlier and later commentators, on a silver platter in an extremely organized and methodical manner that brings the text to life, helps us understand it on a much deeper level, and is extremely intellectually stimulating.

He knows so much and gives it over to us without talking down to us or glossing over issues. I often hear ladies sitting near me remark at the end of a class, "I wish they'd taught it to us like this in high school/seminary." I think they're about to go on summer hiatus though, so you'll have to wait for the fall at this point.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 4:05 am
mpk wrote:

I pm’d you but never heard back

skyeblue

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 4:49 pm
There's a shiur on Shabbos at Landau's at 6:20pm.

There's a couple more that I'm aware of - pm me

And id like to be added to the WhatsApp chat too if possible

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 1:51 am
Is there a shiur at east 7th between K and L?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries