Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Catering Shnitzel

myname1

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 2:20 am
My son just told me he loves the shnitzel from the catered lunch in school. He said sometimes it's small thicker pieces and sometimes a big thin piece. He said he likes both. (He's like duh, they have the same taste. But this kid only wanted special little pieces fried by me...) Anyone know the secret to how they coat and cook it? I'm assuming it's baked since it's so much, but could be wrong. It's probably the kind they always have at events like bar mitzvahs. How do they do it? Anyone have any clues? I'd love to be able to provide this nutritious food ds likes so much! (And school lunches will soon be ending Surprised )

For reference, I usually do flour, egg, breadcrumbs and fry it. They must do something else to get a thick even coating, no? (If you bake shnitzel, do you spray the pan and the shnitzels with oil?) Thanks all!

lkwdlady

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 7:23 am
I coat in mayonnaise and use flavored corn flake crumbs.
Maybe he would like that texture better? It can be baked or fried.
Definitely spray the pan if baking and then spray that cutlets too.
Some commercial cutlets/schnitzel are not actually pieces of chicken. It’s ground and processed. Very different texture and much cheaper.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey