Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Helping adhd kids study for finals

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 5:21 am
I feel like I'm going to explode. It's like trying to feed twins on different feeding schedules.

I have 2 kids with adhd, studying for finals for over a week now. Both need breaks equal to or longer than the block of time they study each time. And both cannot successfully transition out of breaks without my help, and often need my active help and/or encouragement while they study. My entire afternoon is fifteen minutes on, twenty to thirty minutes off with each kid, staggered.

Help.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 5:25 am
HUGS.

I have one kid with suspected ADD (no diagnosis as yet). And totally sounds like this. And it's only one kid and I feel so depleted and exhausted from it.

I totally feel for you. Don't know if that helps, but I really do.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 5:55 am
Thanks, it's definitely validating. I'm trying to help them be independent in this, but it's not so simple.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)