Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Do you make all the beds every day?
Previous  1  2

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 8:48 am
Nope. Some of my kids do and some don’t. I don’t really care.

amother
Poppy

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 8:48 am
All the beds in our house get made every Friday for Shabbos.

pause

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 8:53 am
amother [ Poppy ] wrote:

This is true for us too. Otherwise, that's what doors on the bedrooms are meant for.

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 8:57 am
The beds at my house got made after my cleaning hop comes. But I only have cleaning house once a week. My kids, in general don't mess up their covers. Much so they get into More or less made beds every night.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 9:02 am
Everyone is responsible for their own bed in my house and can choose to make their bed if they please. My husband makes his own. I don't make mine. My kids do it sometimes. We all do for shabbos.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 9:04 am
I make my own bed, everyone else makes their own bed.

But when the girls were little I made their beds every day. A few minutes of effort keeps the house looking so much neater.

amother
Daffodil

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 9:06 am
Heyaaa wrote:
It takes 10 seconds to make a bed. You pick up the two long ends of the blanket. Give a nice shake and drop the blanket. Grab the pillows, fluff and put them down. The end. Less than 3 minutes to do the entire house including walking to the other bedrooms

That depends on how many beds there are to make and where they are located. And what else takes priority at that time.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 9:14 am
Heyaaa wrote:
It takes 10 seconds to make a bed. You pick up the two long ends of the blanket. Give a nice shake and drop the blanket. Grab the pillows, fluff and put them down. The end. Less than 3 minutes to do the entire house including walking to the other bedrooms

Ur right.
Just did them all. Feels amazing! So functional Wink

singsong

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 11:05 am
I make my own bed, but my kids are responsible for theirs. They choose not to make their beds and that's on them.

chanar

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 11:10 am
Definitely!! My mother had cleaning help once a week for 2 hours, but making beds was done every single day. Guess it’s ingrained in me..

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 11:19 am
chanar wrote:
Definitely!! My mother had cleaning help once a week for 2 hours, but making beds was done every single day. Guess it’s ingrained in me..

I'm the opposite. It was so stressed in my mother's house that the first thing I stopped doing when moving out was making beds.

I had to make my bed with a bedspread! every day growing up and hated it and so my children do not have to do that.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 11:24 am
Every single bed, every single day.

Even if it’s the only thing I do that day.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 11:51 am
Usually never make my bed. When I change sheets then I do. DH does his every morning. One adult son in the house. He tries to keep things neat.

amother
Chicory

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 12:05 pm
I make it every day unless I have cleaning help that day then she makes it. When I’m pregnant and nauseous dh does it. Growing up we had daily cleaning help and I never made my bed she did. And now I make it every day but don’t make my kids do it

AlwaysGrateful

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 12:07 pm
Nope. I did for the first few years after I got married, because my mother did, and it felt wrong not to.

But I don't feel pleasure, like some of you seem to, from a made bed. And most of my kids and my husband don't either. They honestly don't care. So why should I?

I have one son who is naturally neat and started making his bed without me ever making it for him. That's great! It makes him happy. The rest of us? Nah.

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 12:09 pm
My husband makes his bed on the rare occasions when he uses it. I never make my/our bed but sometimes he does.

Lkwdmom4

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 12:56 pm
amother [ Poppy ] wrote:

Same in my house! I was once trying out a cleaning lady and I told her to vacuum upstairs. She understood that to mean that I wanted her to straighten up and vacuum so she made all the beds. My 2 year old came downstairs a short while lady with a very confused look on his face. He was wondering how Shabbos was coming again so soon. LOL

hodeez

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 1:04 pm
Ha no
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics