Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Did you celebrate your son’s Bar Mitzvah

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 7:00 pm
In Israel? How did you celebrate? Did you have a small event over there? Who came? Was it cheaper than throwing a local evening celebration?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 7:45 pm
Bump

amother
Feverfew

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 8:53 pm
We did first tefillin at the Kotel on a Thursday followed by a lunch for about 15 at a restaurant near the midrechov. A friend who is a photographer took photos and also made him a video. There were many boys from all different parts of the Jewish world having their Bar Mitzvahs that day and it was so nice. I enjoyed seeing all the different families. We also did a party at home and this simple celebration was actually more meaningful. Some of the Sephardi boys were paraded down to the Kotel with drums, which was lots of fun. There is a table where they give the boys a certificate and then take their photo for the Kotel website. You can arrange for a shtender for leining. I think you can arrange a brunch through Aish Hatorah, which has a beautiful view of the Kotel plaza. You can also arrange things through the Kotel website. https://thekotel.org/en/bar_mitzvah/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics