Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Should I work or not...wwyd?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 4:19 pm
We are bH putting money into savings each month. However,with rising prices we are definitely feeling it/not putting away as much.
I am a worrier about money.
I was planning on taking the summer off. A great opportunity just came up (alottt of money involved) I feel it will make me calmer knowing we will be in a better place financially with that extra money. Otoh, I will be a little more tired for my kids when they come home from camp. Wwyd?

doodlesmom

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 4:21 pm
From the way you wrote it, it seems like you want to do it, so go ahead.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 4:23 pm
Left out one sentence and I was looking forward to giving my kids a great summer with the best mommy.

amother
Ballota

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 4:24 pm
If you want to do it go for it but if you need a break take the break or if it’s an option to maybe work part time

amother
Milk

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 4:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Left out one sentence and I was looking forward to giving my kids a great summer with the best mommy.

what were your plans post camp? Aren't the kids drained?

amother
Black

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 4:42 pm
Can't talk for you.

I'm taking summer off.
I feel that bh I'm covered for the month and little savings. I want for these few weeks to be a mother fully without any stress or distractions. I feel very privileged that I have the ability to do it. I can take on tutoring here or there. I don't want to have the stress of needing them to sleep a certain time or coming home early from the park. I want that these weeks my kids should come first 100%. I can surely use more money, but I want to strengthen my emunah and look to Hashem to provide.

That's my summer this year iyh. I've had plenty summer jobs too at many times. But this is what I want for this year...

amother
Mintcream

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 4:55 pm
Definitely work. Being more at ease about your finances will give you peace of mind that your kids will pickup on

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 5:07 pm
Thank you all for taking the time to respond.
@black- I feel you. Those were my wishes precisely. I am torn if I should work on Emuna or get a job Wink

@mintcream- I think so too. Just torn as I don't want it effecting me as a mom.

amother
Clear

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 5:33 pm
It depends if you are up to it or if you are desperate for a break from working. I know, I need off this summer! I have worked in the past. However, I've taken the summer off for a few years and I needed that as my husband works overtime in the summer and I work a lot during the year and NEED a vacation.
No one can tell you what to do! Obviously, many people work in the summer. Or else how would we have camps to send our kids to??

amother
Cherry

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 5:52 pm
Maybe hashem sent the job to you...who said it's a lack of emuna by working? If the job is within reason, you will get paid well, and you have childcare arrangements then why not? Sounds like a great opportunity.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 5:59 pm
Depends how badly you need the break.

amother
Black

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 6:23 pm
op I put in the word emunah in there. I wish I'd be up to there completely. Might be laziness talking.
I want a few weeks of not juggling kids and work....

Is it a real significant amount of money? What's the stress level? How badly do you need a break?
Also is there something nice you can do with money. Like I know if I would get now x amount of money I'd invest in y. Is there any place that you can do something with the money so it can grow rather than have it laying in bank? That would maybe give me the motivation to do it....

doctorima

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 6:26 pm
Can you take the job and then use some of the extra income to hire a mother's helper to come every night for 1-2 hours after camp to help with the kids and take some of the burden off of you?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 6:51 pm
I so appreciate all you taking the time to respond and giving me perspective. Might kiamacha Yisrael! Random stranger comes on here with a question and each of you took the time to help/ support me.

Thank you!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics