Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
How Many bras does camper need?
Previous  1  2

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 9:15 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
Thank you but my daughter needs underwire.
My daughter's regular one is underwire and this works well and looks good under a tee. But it's definitely individual.

amother
Skyblue

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 9:22 am
Bras need to be changed daily, you can find cheaper ones that are really good online. Do a search for the brand she wears and see if you can find it cheaper. I would probably send my dd with 8 to 10 hoping she would do laundry atleast once a wk

BetsyTacy

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 9:26 am
Can't she wash a bra each night as she takes her shower? The smell,dirt requires a lot less washing when it is just from that day. Then take a thick towel and roll it and get as much moisture out as possible. Then it can be hung from the edge of her bed on a plastic hanger if she doesn't want to go out to the clothesline. Or just lain on the bottom of her bed on a dry towel.I'd rather send extra towels which can be sent to the laundry although they will be clean-ish as they have just absorbed water from a clean bra than invest in 8 bras which can't be sent to the laundry.
Washing 7 bras becomes a big deal. Washing one with each shower makes it routine.

Lovable

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 9:31 am
amother [ Bellflower ] wrote:
She can wash it in the shower?

THIS
I was sent to camp with about 4/5 but I did need to was them quite often
I did so in the shower! I just took along a small bottle of detergent
Was quick and easy, and not in front of anyone:) I laid it flat to dry on my cubby

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 9:51 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you for your replies. My daughter is a self conscious teen so she insists on underwire only. She wouldn't wash it in a sink ifo 25 girls

This one was decent but my daughter ended up with only one and she liked the other one I linked better.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D.....ss_tl

goforit

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 10:10 am
ra_mom wrote:
We tried like a dozen from Amazon. This one worked for dd's shape as the cheaper version.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079.....ss_tl

Thanks ordered them.

Can my dd put these in the dryer in camp?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 10:22 am
goforit wrote:
Thanks ordered them.

Can my dd put these in the dryer in camp?

They'll get ruined but maybe they'd still last the month she needs them in camp. I think the issue will be that the padding bunches up and become unwearable.

Other option is to wash in the shower with Woolite and lay out on her shelf to dry like someone up thread suggested.

amother
Anemone

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 10:34 am
amother [ Chambray ] wrote:
I don't think I'd put them in a camp laundry, especially if they're expensive ones, because things get dried and it ruined there. I would either get some cheap ones just for camp or send her d with a little bottle of woolite to hand wash.

No moms are embarrassed for their daughters to be all jiggly and wobbly around camp for an entire month??
I probably wouldn’t have gone to camp, if my mother would’ve given me cheap and bad fitting sports bras.

A girl deserves to look and feel normal!!!

As a camper, I hand washed them. Or I gave them to a counselor to wash in the counselors machine and she made sure not to use hot water or put in the dryer

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 10:42 am
amother [ Anemone ] wrote:
No moms are embarrassed for their daughters to be all jiggly and wobbly around camp for an entire month??
I probably wouldn’t have gone to camp, if my mother would’ve given me cheap and bad fitting sports bras.

A girl deserves to look and feel normal!!!

As a camper, I hand washed them. Or I gave them to a counselor to wash in the counselors machine and she made sure not to use hot water or put in the dryer

Believe me, there was a reason we tried 12. We jumped up and down, and tried on thin tees. I wouldn't have bought something not supportive (for my daughter - obviously this is all relative in which bras work for which people).
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children