Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Does your baby travel in the car to the babysitter?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 7:33 pm
If you live far from an affordable childcare, and you bring your baby to work to a babysitter next to you, is it worth it?

Pros? Cons?

Thinking about it for next year. My friend does it now. She drives her 18 mo son to playgroup. 35 min commute each way. But she also pays half of what the rate is here.

Childcare near me is double in price and so far I have only found non Jewish babysitters and nannies.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 7:59 pm
I drive my kids 5-10 min away generally. The big thing with a daycare near work is that if for whatever reason you’re off/ working from home, your baby will end up staying home with you too- which also means no daycare if you go on maternity leave

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 8:00 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
I drive my kids 5-10 min away generally. The big thing with a daycare near work is that if for whatever reason you’re off/ working from home, your baby will end up staying home with you too- which also means no daycare if you go on maternity leave

Maternity leave is a big one.
I would rely on my mother or MIL to watch my baby while I am resting

Im also asking from my babys POV. I dont want her to suffer in the car for an hour every day...

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 8:16 pm
My baby and I take public transport to and from daycare (which is close to my work) It’s a great opportunity to spend extra time together

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 8:28 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
My baby and I take public transport to and from daycare (which is close to my work) It’s a great opportunity to spend extra time together

I’m going to be doing this next year ! So nervous about getting up all those stairs by the train with a carriage 😭

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 8:36 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:

I would be driving though and not face to face with my baby. how can I bond with her if shes in the car?

GLUE

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 9:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I would be driving though and not face to face with my baby. how can I bond with her if shes in the car?

You don't, you are driving

I used to work an hour away from my house and would bring the baby with me. It was not easy, sometimes you would drive with one hand on the steering wheel and one hand holding the passy in the babies mouth.

If your kid cries by red lights, and your whole trip is by red lights it hurts.

Many times I would come home like a shomata. That is also something to think about. No more nice quiet time in the car.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 9:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Idk how old your baby is, but I did commute with my 16 month old for one summer. We sang songs, I told her stories. Now at 3 she loves to chatter away about her day in the car.

One issue we did have when I drove my baby with my Was keeping her awake on the way home so we don’t mess up bedtime

amother
Dustypink

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 10:06 pm
The issue of baby falling asleep in the car is a big deal

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 10:07 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
I’m going to be doing this next year ! So nervous about getting up all those stairs by the train with a carriage 😭

Baby carrier is the way to go!

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 10:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I like to sing to my infants.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics