Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Highlights/lowlights

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 8:18 pm
Ok so I’m curious why the trend seems to be that most sheitels have color variation like highlights/low rather than one uniform color. Did all these women wearing sheitels like that also do that to their real hair when single? And doesn’t it require maintenance if you’re dying your wig? Like I paid extra to have virgin hair with the idea that it’s better quality and won’t require me to get it dyed periodically.

amother
Zinnia

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 8:36 pm
My natural hair color had highlights so I went with a wig that color. I don't understand the trend with so many highlights, it's unnatural looking.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 8:46 pm
I'm blonde. I had some highlights when single but not as much or with the rooting I have now. Apparently blonde wigs with my skin tone need dimension. My roots are now darker brown even though I didn't have dark brown roots when single... I don't understand it either but I listen to the pros!

amother
Heather

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 9:04 pm
Because theoretically a wig is supposed to look like hair and not an obvious wig.

Also most women want their wigs to be styled in a way that is in keeping with what the current "style" is for hair

Natural hair has highlights and low lights even if not processed - perhaps not to the extent of the super "ombre" looks but it is never a one color. In fact the sign of a bad dye job is when the hair is all one color - very noticeable when women have dark dyed hair.

There are almost no women who have natural blonde hair when they are adults because that flaxen hair just gets darker and turns into what is called mousey brown hair. My mother had flaxen hair as a child and dull mouse colored hair as an adult.

Unless you are Madonna or the equivalent women do not dye their hair platinum blonde without roots because it is unnatural and the upkeep is insanely hard since you would have to do your roots every two weeks and have them done professionally or else wind up with fried destroyed hair.

So women get highlights and lightweights if they have the nondescript hair color. It is theoretically supposed to look as if you spent all summer at the beach - the proverbial California blonde.

The ombre look became stylish a few years ago which is when dark brunettes do very noticeable lighter hair at the end or vice versa - different than highlighting or low lighting

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 10:08 pm
amother [ Heather ] wrote:
Because theoretically a wig is supposed to look like hair and not an obvious wig.

Also most women want their wigs to be styled in a way that is in keeping with what the current "style" is for hair

Natural hair has highlights and low lights even if not processed - perhaps not to the extent of the super "ombre" looks but it is never a one color. In fact the sign of a bad dye job is when the hair is all one color - very noticeable when women have dark dyed hair.

There are almost no women who have natural blonde hair when they are adults because that flaxen hair just gets darker and turns into what is called mousey brown hair. My mother had flaxen hair as a child and dull mouse colored hair as an adult.

Unless you are Madonna or the equivalent women do not dye their hair platinum blonde without roots because it is unnatural and the upkeep is insanely hard since you would have to do your roots every two weeks and have them done professionally or else wind up with fried destroyed hair.

So women get highlights and lightweights if they have the nondescript hair color. It is theoretically supposed to look as if you spent all summer at the beach - the proverbial California blonde.

The ombre look became stylish a few years ago which is when dark brunettes do very noticeable lighter hair at the end or vice versa - different than highlighting or low lighting

Right so I’m not talking about blond I mean even dark color sheitels always seem to have low lights

amother
Mimosa

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 12:07 am
Following because I finally found a wig that is blunt, flat, basically what I want. But it has highlights and my husband was asking me about them, asking if thats what I really want they do look a bit unnatural..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels