Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Girls going to water park. Period same day. Tips?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 8:40 pm
Dd is expected to get her period for the second time. She’s a real newbie. And She’s way too young for a Tampon. Can she join the trip while having a period? What happens? A pool I understand can get yucky. But water rides?

BrisketBoss

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 8:45 pm
There's no such thing as too young for a tampon. Buy her some easy to use ones and offer to teach her, or she can teach herself if she'd prefer.

Pads are not good protection for water rides.

amother
Peony

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 8:46 pm
What do you mean she’s too young for a tampon? If she’s old enough to have her period she should be old enough for a tampon. That being said she may not be comfortable trying it out for the first time on water park day. Maybe look into period bathing suit? Never tried it but I’ve heard of them.

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 8:46 pm
She should not go on water rides without a tampon, unfortunately. But any age can be taught.

amother
Lightgray

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 8:49 pm
Period underwear.

amother
Clematis

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 9:02 pm
is period underwear really enough. My daughter has that but I told her she probably should use a tampon if going to water park.

amother
Lightgray

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 9:06 pm
amother [ Clematis ] wrote:
is period underwear really enough. My daughter has that but I told her she probably should use a tampon if going to water park.

A good one should be enough. If it's a very heavy flow day, perhaps a tampon as a back up.

For some reason, I find the water actually inhibits the flow. Am I wrong?

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 9:06 pm
If it's only her second time, it's very likely she won't get it as "scheduled" because it can often take a few cycles for things to get regulated after the first time. It's actually more likely that she won't have it when she's expecting it than she will. However, no reason she can't be prepared with tampons. You can get her the kind made for teens.

BrisketBoss

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 9:13 pm
amother [ Lightgray ] wrote:
A good one should be enough. If it's a very heavy flow day, perhaps a tampon as a back up.

For some reason, I find the water actually inhibits the flow. Am I wrong?

No, you're not wrong. It's a water pressure thing. I've noticed it in the shower too.

Still a risk.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 9:14 pm
Some teenagers don't have room for a tampon.....

BrisketBoss

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 9:17 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:

On what do you base this?

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 9:21 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:

Sure they do. Simple biology/anatomy. But as I said, slim fit/made for teens are best for a beginner.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 9:22 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:
On what do you base this?

I've tried several times as a teenager and just couldn't get anything in

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 9:22 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
I've tried several times as a teenager and just couldn't get anything in

Probably weren't doing it the right way or were using the wrong type. Or both.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 11:53 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
Probably weren't doing it the right way or were using the wrong type. Or both.

As a teen I struggled multiple times to put in a tampon. Heaviest day, followed all the steps, etc

I'd get it in and it would get stuck and I'd cry trying to get it out because it was in wrong.

Once I married I had a lot of apprehension towards tampons but once I got the courage had NO issues. Same rules as before just more space and my body didn't reject it.

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 11:58 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
If it's only her second time, it's very likely she won't get it as "scheduled" because it can often take a few cycles for things to get regulated after the first time. It's actually more likely that she won't have it when she's expecting it than she will. However, no reason she can't be prepared with tampons. You can get her the kind made for teens.

At this point, there isn't even a "scheduled." Even regular cycles are different lengths.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 12:08 am
Such a young girl probably wont be ready for tampons. My daughter has hasn't figured out how to use it and she has her period for 18 months already (I did not try the ones for teens). It may sound gross, but someone told her daughter, who got her period for first time and was going to a water park, to put 2 sanitary napkins into bathing suit and if she sees any blood then she should run! Honestly, I don't blame her!

BrisketBoss

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 12:52 am
amother [ DarkOrange ] wrote:
As a teen I struggled multiple times to put in a tampon. Heaviest day, followed all the steps, etc

I'd get it in and it would get stuck and I'd cry trying to get it out because it was in wrong.

Once I married I had a lot of apprehension towards tampons but once I got the courage had NO issues. Same rules as before just more space and my body didn't reject it.

I'm not sure what you could mean by stuck, or 'wrong,' except that you didn't get it all the way in. You may have been getting the angle wrong, or just being nervous. Tampons aren't that long; a teenager's vag can fit one.

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 12:56 am
BrisketBoss wrote:
I'm not sure what you could mean by stuck, or 'wrong,' except that you didn't get it all the way in. You may have been getting the angle wrong, or just being nervous. Tampons aren't that long; a teenager's vag can fit one.

Could it have been a septate hymen?

BrisketBoss

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 1:11 am
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Could it have been a septate hymen?

She did get it in, so the issue was not the hymen.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children