Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Girls going to water park. Period same day. Tips?
Previous  1  2

amother
Snowflake

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 1:14 am
Done people have very tight or small private parts. I couldn’t do a full bedika before o had a baby

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 1:14 am
BrisketBoss wrote:
She did get it in, so the issue was not the hymen.
But she struggled to put it in. So maybe it still fit on the way in but was harder to get out.

amother
Valerian

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 1:17 am
Have her put on a clean light pad right before getting into the water (not to wash any old residue into the pool), and changing into a dry one as soon as she’s out.

Heavy pad will absorb lots of water and get very uncomfortable. Light pad for just in case. Water pressure will do its job and she probably won’t bleed much.

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 1:19 am
She needs period swimwear at the very least.

amother
Brickred

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 1:26 am
I once went into the water with a panty liner. it puffed up and floated up out of my underwear. I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone!

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 8:00 am
I tried to use tampons when I was a young teenager so I could go swimming, but I couldn’t get them to work for me. I figured them out finally when I was 16. Until then, I would just not go in the water when I had my period. Your dd could do that or stay home if she feels it’s less awkward. There were usually other girls who weren’t going in the water too. We hung out on loungers and shmoozed.

amother
Teal

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 8:03 am
amother [ Lightgray ] wrote:
A good one should be enough. If it's a very heavy flow day, perhaps a tampon as a back up.

For some reason, I find the water actually inhibits the flow. Am I wrong?

It does if you’re actually in the water, water parks are mostly walking around, waiting online or activities you’re not really submerged so it won’t have much impact.

amother
Heather

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 8:05 am
This is not for everyone's comfort level, but first time my DD used a tampon, she asked me to show her how. I did, and she has never used pads. She thinks they are gross.

I don't think a Mom should do this unless her DD is comfortable with that.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 8:34 pm
So the trip is scheduled for tomorrow iyh. She got her period on Saturday. No heavy flow, and no wearing bathing suits. She’s scared to try a tampon and I’m not pushing her. I think she should wear a light pad like somebody mentioned. And change in between rides whenever possible. She’ll be wearing tights and full length skirt. So no awkward bleeding will take place. Let’s hope she’ll be just fine. Thank you all

amother
Dahlia

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 9:10 pm
I don’t use tampons and was in the same situation. It sounds crazy but I bought the smallest size of baby swimmer diapers and it worked like a dream! I simply used the tiny swimmer diaper as a pad in my bathing suit and had no leaks! I also wore a swim skirt and top so absolutely nothing showed!

WhatFor

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 9:26 pm
amother [ Dahlia ] wrote:
I don’t use tampons and was in the same situation. It sounds crazy but I bought the smallest size of baby swimmer diapers and it worked like a dream! I simply used the tiny swimmer diaper as a pad in my bathing suit and had no leaks! I also wore a swim skirt and top so absolutely nothing showed!

How? Did you cut it to pad size or did you somehow fit into the tiniest baby swim diaper?

All this talk from other imas about using regular pads reminds me of many years ago when I put a younger sibling in a backyard pool with a regular diaper. It soon filled with water and ruptured and there were little white pieces floating all over the pool. Regular pads are made to absorb, they'll absorb water very quickly.

Swim diapers aren't made to absorb, just to hold the solids in, ahem, but I don't get how it works for an adult.

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 9:33 pm
amother [ Snowflake ] wrote:
Done people have very tight or small private parts. I couldn’t do a full bedika before o had a baby

How does a man's part fit if a tampon won't?

amother
Cherry

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 9:58 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
How does a man's part fit if a tampon won't?

When you're very aroused (sorry tmi) it makes things more lubricated and the muscles are more relaxed. That's why f0replay matters.
For most people putting in a tampon doesn't have the same effect lol

amother
Clover

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 3:10 am
I do NOT suggest using a pad in the water. I did that once as a teen, and when I came out, all the water that had been absorbed in it just came gushing out for a good few minutes while I stood there wanting to disappear. There was a lake on the floor all around me. Please spare your daughter that embarrassment!

amother
Dahlia

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 7:01 am
WhatFor wrote:
How? Did you cut it to pad size or did you somehow fit into the tiniest baby swim diaper?

All this talk from other imas about using regular pads reminds me of many years ago when I put a younger sibling in a backyard pool with a regular diaper. It soon filled with water and ruptured and there were little white pieces floating all over the pool. Regular pads are made to absorb, they'll absorb water very quickly.

Swim diapers aren't made to absorb, just to hold the solids in, ahem, but I don't get how it works for an adult.

You don’t wear the diaper or fit into it! You just use the small diaper like a pad. It doesn’t fall apart or slip away because the bathing suit holds it in place. I think I should sell my idea to Kotex

amother
Alyssum

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 7:18 am
My daughter had a lot of these feelings towards tampons. She tried a few times and coudn't get it in. She said there was something blocking. She has been determined to make it work with camp coming up. Just last week she managed and is so excited. She used Playtex Sport, the smallest size. Once she got it in, I had to help pull it out the first time, because she couldn't get it all the way out! Now she seems to be fine managing both ways.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children