Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Had electrolysis done. Skin is still red. Is it normal?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 9:06 am
Had electrolysis done for the first time and a day later my skin is still red, swollen, little pimples with puss and when I touch it it literally starts bleeding. is this normal? How long can I expect it to last? Anything to put on it to help? TIA

amother
Daphne

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 9:10 am
I'm allergic to electrolysis and waxing. I get terrible painful bloody rashes at the area that was treated. It lasts for days.

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 9:36 am
This could be normal as long as it gets better not worse.
Everyone reacts differently

Rubies

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 9:45 am
Red is normal but pus seems like an infection.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 10:55 am
Normal. Next time ask them to use a gold needle. I find it makes a difference in the redness.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 10:58 am
amother [ Daphne ] wrote:
I'm allergic to electrolysis and waxing. I get terrible painful bloody rashes at the area that was treated. It lasts for days.

You should try a knowledgeable electrolysis tech. Mine worked with me, ordering special needles, working with different settings and once we found what works, never doing more than 10-15 minutes at once. No issues after that. But the first time I had major inflammation.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 12:10 pm
Did you put Neosporin after the treatment? Dd was told to put it. She has scabs after the treatment but it goes away after a little while.

amother
Bellflower

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 12:12 pm
Make sure to wipe the area gently with alcohol (on a cotton ball is fine), keep an ice pad on it for at least 15 minutes after, and yes, you can use Neosporin if there are any little scabby pimples.

naomi2

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 1:16 pm
You should not have scabs or pus. I had that when I went to a different electrolysis person and now I go to someone else and all I have are small red dots for a day or two.

jflower

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 1:20 pm
https://hairtell.com/forum/t/a.....978/2

amother
Cornsilk

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 1:22 pm
Keep it very clean with daily showers. Use dabs of desitin diaper cream to heal it so you aren't left with scars (recommended by my electrolysis professional).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics