Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Oldest daughter 12. New to this.
Previous  1  2

amother
Tulip

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 8:51 pm
amother [ Hunter ] wrote:
Since when has it become the norm and acceptable for young girls to remove public hair?
There was recently a thread bemoaning that it became the norm for kallahs, and now we're talking about young 12 year old girls??

Who said anything about norms? This girl is bothered by her pubic hair and asks mom for help dealing with this. It's well and good to explain that it's normal, but if she wants the hair gone she should be given information.

amother
Diamond

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 9:15 pm
For ladies asking about preventing ingrown hairs and itchiness try this product called tend skin. You apply it after waxing or shaving and it stings for a second but works really well.

https://www.tendskin.com/

You can probably find on Amazon as well.

amother
Green

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 9:32 pm
Since when has it become the norm and acceptable for young girls to remove pubic hair?
There was recently a thread bemoaning that it became the norm for kallahs, and now we're talking about young 12 year old girls??

I got 4 hugs for suggesting the same!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 10 2022, 2:39 am
I was asking for tips as to how to help her deal with it since she's complaining that's its uncomfortable for her. She's my first daughter after a couple of boys.

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Jun 10 2022, 8:16 am
I just want to say to OP- you are a Great Mom for being able to discuss such private things with your daughter. In our days- we didn't (or maybe it was just me??) discuss personal issues with our body with our parent. I am sure my life would have been so much ''better'' if I could have been so open with my Mom and had discussions about personal topics.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jun 10 2022, 8:27 am
Since when has it become the norm and acceptable for young girls to remove pubic hair?

For sure since I was growing up, and I'm in my mid 40's.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Jun 10 2022, 9:03 am
Is it possible she’s just embarrassed by the new look? I remember being anxious about it as a girl regarding going to the pool (very few kids wore swim shorts those days). If it’s not really physically bothering her you could explain to her that many girls wear swim shorts over their bathing suits and it’s just easiest to let it be. She will get used to it. And get her a few shorts so she cud choose cute ones that she likes. I think 12 is just too young to deal with shaving there. And waxing is so painful do not start so young either.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 10 2022, 10:19 am
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
I just want to say to OP- you are a Great Mom for being able to discuss such private things with your daughter. In our days- we didn't (or maybe it was just me??) discuss personal issues with our body with our parent. I am sure my life would have been so much ''better'' if I could have been so open with my Mom and had discussions about personal topics.

I appreciate this.

Growing up I didn't discuss private things with my mom. The hair irritated me so much that I cut it with a scissor over the toilet and thought I might have an aveirah or something. Yeah...

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 10 2022, 10:20 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Is it possible she’s just embarrassed by the new look? I remember being anxious about it as a girl regarding going to the pool (very few kids wore swim shorts those days). If it’s not really physically bothering her you could explain to her that many girls wear swim shorts over their bathing suits and it’s just easiest to let it be. She will get used to it. And get her a few shorts so she cud choose cute ones that she likes. I think 12 is just too young to deal with shaving there. And waxing is so painful do not start so young either.

That's not an issue here. We're in a shvimkleid wearing society.

amother
Wandflower

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 12:02 am
Really sweet of her to be so open w you as a very young mom of 2 tween girls I get what you're saying yet I feel like all she really might need is validation that its different and weird and its normal to feel weird at this age/stage.

this is a good time to focus on lotsa self love and healthy body image. Nobody sees that area of her (I hope lol) and not everything needs an instant fix.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 12:07 am
Why don't you buy her a trimmer? She can trim the hair really short and it makes it comfortable and clean. I find that much better than a more permanent solution. You can buy bikini trimmers online or in places like Target.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children