Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
Have you ever?
  Previous  1  2  3  4 78  79  80  Next

singleagain

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 6:46 am
simcha4 wrote:
"SINGLEAGAIN!!!!"
A HUGE, WARM, HEARTY, MAZEL TOV!!!!
I'm so, so happy for you and also relieved - I was thinking of your sister with corona in labor, and acc. to when you wrote your sister is in labor, it seemed to be a long labor. And your b-I-l whom I assumed is her husband also with corona!!!
I'm so glad that she's given birth, b'H!!!
So are you going to tell us if it's a boy or girl? Is this baby your first niece/nephew?
I hope you parents arrived safely, be'H.

Dearest "singleagain", do you feel sorta left out of the simcha b/c you're not there? Is it difficult for you that your sister lives not near you?
Or perhaps, your sister giving birth evokes in you feelings that you wish someday to have children of your own, iy'H?
Please note: you don't have to give me answers. I wrote these questions b/c I care about you and I rejoice in your simcha and feel with you in your sadness.
It's very normal to feel happy and sad at the same time.
A simcha, esp. a newborn baby is very emotional.
Accept how you are feeling and say to yourself, "it's totally fine that I feel now happy and sad." Or think up your own words.
Try to think iy'H of the happy future when you'll hold and cuddle and play with the baby.

Oh.. totally didn't realize I forgot to say. I have a nephew. And yeah, all my siblings came to the conclusion that we didn't want to overwhelm my sister with being there at the same time, but I still feel.. wistful that I won't be there.... Maybe I'll visit later in the summer or before the year is out.

simcha4 wrote:
I assume that a truck is a lorry?

No.

Did you ever witness a robbery taking place?

BH no. But there was one physical altercation on the subway that I saw as a kid that scared me... Although, BH it never stopped me from using the subway when I had to.

Have you ever done something that when you tell people they don't believe you?

happytobemom

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 6:40 pm
singleagain wrote:
BH no. But there was one physical altercation on the subway that I saw as a kid that scared me... Although, BH it never stopped me from using the subway when I had to.

Have you ever done something that when you tell people they don't believe you?

Yes. Rare enough that I'm not going to share it here. Wink

Have you ever read a full length novel from beginning to end without stopping?

Living Princess

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 7:02 pm
happytobemom wrote:
Yes. Rare enough that I'm not going to share it here. Wink

Have you ever read a full length novel from beginning to end without stopping?

Definitely. I used to stay up reading when I was in high school until really late reading.

Have you ever stayed up the entire night?

happytobemom

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 7:05 pm
Living Princess wrote:
Definitely. I used to stay up reading when I was in high school until really late reading.

Have you ever stayed up the entire night?

Yes. The first time I made Pesach, the night before bedikas chometz. And in seminary.

Have you ever had a good friend that "dropped" you?

English3

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 7:07 pm
happytobemom wrote:
Yes. The first time I made Pesach, the night before bedikas chometz. And in seminary.

nope bh

Have you ever forgotten to cook something for shabbos?

BrisketBoss

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 7:07 pm
happytobemom wrote:

Yes. Very painful.

Have you ever made a Purim costume that you were really proud of?

English3

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 7:10 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:
Yes. Very painful.

Have you ever made a Purim costume that you were really proud of?

Yes I made an artist theme six weeks after giving birth to twins, they were included.

Have you ever waved eagerly at a person you thought was someone else?

GLUE

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 9:16 pm
All the time

Have you ever had a conversation with someone you new only in middle realize you have know idea who they are?

happytobemom

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 9:49 pm
GLUE wrote:
All the time

Have you ever had a conversation with someone you new only in middle realize you have know idea who they are?

Not that I can recall.

Have you ever been to two weddings on the same night?

a2z

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 9:54 pm
Many times

Have you ever met an aunt that is younger than her nephews or nieces

happytobemom

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 9:57 pm
a2z wrote:
Many times

Have you ever met an aunt that is younger than her nephews or nieces

Yup. Both a sister and sister in law of mine. And I know numerous others.

Have you ever said the whole Sefer Tehillim in one sitting?

Rugelech

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 3:43 am
No

Have you ever come home from shopping and realized you left some of the things you bought in the shop?

birdie1

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 10:43 am
Rugelech wrote:
No

Have you ever come home from shopping and realized you left some of the things you bought in the shop?

No. But my husband does that often.

Have you ever let your kids stay home from school just so you can get a few more winks of sleep? And then regretted it?

simcha4

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 11:39 am
happytobemom wrote:

Dearest "happytobemom", this is so very painful!!!
Did your good friend who dropped you actually tell you outright that she doesn't want to be friends with you anymore?
Or did she just ignore you or not acknowledge you or give you the "cold shouder."
How were you sure that she'd dropped you?
I'm not asking just out of plain curiousity...

simcha4

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 11:47 am
birdie1 wrote:
No. But my husband does that often.

Have you ever let your kids stay home from school just so you can get a few more winks of sleep? And then regretted it?

Can't remember exactly although I do remember often turning over in bed for another 40 winks after the alarm clock had shrilled twice.
I don't think my kids would've let me have the extra sleep Very Happy
I remember one of my children would actually try to pry open my eyelids, while saying, "Mummy, wake up."
Now her children do it to her Smile

Did you ever wake up like 5 a.m. on an Erev Shabbos or Yom Tov, planning to get your cooking done before your family wakes up, and then one of your children woke up and woke up another ... and all your plans went poof?!

happytobemom

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 11:56 am
simcha4 wrote:
Dearest "happytobemom", this is so very painful!!!
Did your good friend who dropped you actually tell you outright that she doesn't want to be friends with you anymore?
Or did she just ignore you or not acknowledge you or give you the "cold shouder."
How were you sure that she'd dropped you?
I'm not asking just out of plain curiousity...

I didn't say it happened to me.
It was something I was thinking about and asked.

Last edited by happytobemom on Sun, Jun 19 2022, 12:17 pm; edited 2 times in total

happytobemom

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 12:05 pm
simcha4 wrote:

Did you ever wake up like 5 a.m. on an Erev Shabbos or Yom Tov, planning to get your cooking done before your family wakes up, and then one of your children woke up and woke up another ... and all your plans went poof?!

Nope. I'm more likely to stay up till 5 am from the night before, then go to sleep and sleep late.

Have you ever babysat for your neighbor's/friend's children while feeling sick yourself?
(That's what I'm doing now! Nothing terrible, just a bad cold, but I'd rather be curled up in bed. Baruch Hashem they're all playing nicely so they don't need too much attention.)

simcha4

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 12:22 pm
happytobemom wrote:
I didn't say it happened to me.
It was something I was thinking about and asked.

Oh, I'm sorry.
Smile Smile Smile

happytobemom

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 12:29 pm
simcha4 wrote:
Oh, I'm sorry.
Smile Smile Smile

Not a problem!
I do find I often post about things that are going on/things that I'm thinking about. Like my next post after that one. So like I said, though I may not have had that experience exactly, it was something I was thinking about.

simcha4

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 12:38 pm
happytobemom wrote:
Nope. I'm more likely to stay up till 5 am from the night before, then go to sleep and sleep late.

Have you ever babysat for your neighbor's/friend's children while feeling sick yourself?
(That's what I'm doing now! Nothing terrible, just a bad cold, but I'd rather be curled up in bed. Baruch Hashem they're all playing nicely so they don't need too much attention.)

No. I wouldn't do that.
I'm sorry to read that you're not feeling well. I'm sending you a cup of hot tea sweetened with my love and caring. Refuah Sheleima!

(Before you knew that earphone cellphones (dunno what they're called) existed -
Did you ever see people talking/arguing to themselves, gesticulating with their hands while walking outside, and you didn't know what to think?
Page 3 of 80   Previous  1  2  3  4 78  79  80  Next Recent Topics