Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
If you are makpid to send to a jewish babysitter....
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 2:01 pm
I sent to one with frum morah and non-Jewish assistants. Was never a problem. My kids are grown and all frum, so I'm going to assume it had no bearing on them.

Gut

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 2:47 pm
What is important to me is that the morah and assistent are good, gentel people with good middos. I don't care if jewish, frum, tzanua or not.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 3:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I would have done this in a subcategory forum but im curious to hear from other mothers even if they dont identify as yeshivish (chareidi, lubavitch, modern orthodox)...

If you are makpid to send to a frum playgroup, would it bother you that the assistants aren't Jewish? Would it bother you to send to a playgroup morah who wasnt so tznius (didnt cover her knees or hair fully)? Why or why not?

Everyone should be makpid to send to a jewish babysitter! A therapist once told me he had people hire no Jewish Nannie’s for their young kids and then wer shocked when the kids grew up and married non Jewish! These are your precious little neshamas and they are affected by who will be watching them, teaching them, supervising them!

amother
Hawthorn

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 3:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I feel hypocritical because my mother and MIL are not frum and dont dress tznius and my baby sees them both once a week. so how can I be upset that the assistants are not jewish and wearing pants if my own mother and MIL wear pants?

I tend to think b&w often...

You don’t see a difference between not frum and not Jewish? And a relative and an OPTIONAL worker?

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 4:11 pm
I'm struggling to get kids for my frum playgroup because a couple of the parents who send, whilst frum they don't cover their hair, wear short sleeves etc.

I don't understand this personally, but I understand not wanting a non Jewish or not frum assistant.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics