Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Overnight and day trips with teen girls

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 4:59 pm
I haven’t been able to take my girls on any before or after camp trips in years. My work schedule this time of year is insanity but I worked it out that I can grab a day for a day trip and two days for a quick overnight. But now I need help. They’ll find Manhattan thrilling and the train in fun but what to do once there? We can also take the ferry in if there is anything to do in that area. (Near South Street Seaport but not Intrepid type because they are teen girls 😂)
For the overnight would love something including nature. Maybe rafting? Would love to hear recommendations! We don’t do these things often so would love if it would be extra fun!

amother
Blushpink

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 5:03 pm
For the overnight, have they Done rafting (or tubing) down the Delaware., Classic. We stay in the Poconos when we do that. Very doable for an overnight trip

I live in the city but my kids are still little
So I’m at a loss of what teenagers would like

Eta: governors island is amazing. You can rent bikes or surreys, pack a lunch. It’s not an entire day, but you can combine it with something else near the ferry

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 5:21 pm
For a two day trip ricketts glen is an amazing hike and there is canoeing on the grounds also.

amother
Daphne

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 5:41 pm
Don't want to sound negative but do not go rafting on the Delaware. I almost drowned there. There was a family of 6 and they came home with 4. It is very not safe. There's no proper guidelines as to where the water becomes deeper or not. I don't know why my camp took me there but it is very dangerous.

amother
Blushpink

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 7:16 pm
amother [ Daphne ] wrote:
Don't want to sound negative but do not go rafting on the Delaware. I almost drowned there. There was a family of 6 and they came home with 4. It is very not safe. There's no proper guidelines as to where the water becomes deeper or not. I don't know why my camp took me there but it is very dangerous.

I had no idea. I always thought If you stay in the boat and wear your life vest it’s safe.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries