Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Should I buy a wig from my SM or wig company?

Do you buy wigs from the wig company or SM?
Wig company  
 11%  [ 8 ]
SM  
 88%  [ 59 ]
Total Votes : 67

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 9:22 pm
Can you help this uneducated consumer?

I feel like it would probably be easier to purchase a wig directly from the company. I can go back to them with any issues, and the stylists are really good.

But if I purchase from the company, I’ll be embarrassed to go back to my regular SM, because I’ve been kind of disloyal in not buying through her. Also, she knows me and wig company doesn’t, so she’ll better understand what I’m looking for

Anyways, I’m kind of confused and would love some advice 🤔

ETA: also if there is any issue after purchasing , will I be better off having bought from the SM? Because I’m just a random customer and it’s not so important to satisfy me, as opposed to the SM, who gives them a lot of business..

ladYdI

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 9:24 pm
My experience
When you buy from company and cut by sheitel macher nobody takes responsibility if you are unhappy. They each blame the other.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 9:26 pm
ladYdI wrote:
My experience
When you buy from company and cut by sheitel macher nobody takes responsibility if you are unhappy. They each blame the other.

I would buy it and have it cut at the same place though.

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 9:29 pm
I've been using the same SM for many years and I trust her 100% that she has my best interests in mind. She also only sells wigs from companies that she knows she can work with. For those reasons I only buy wigs directly from her.

ladYdI

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 9:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I would buy it and have it cut at the same place though.

So how will your shaitel macher know?
Take it back to the one who cut for reg wash and sets

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 10:24 pm
ladYdI wrote:
So how will your shaitel macher know?
Take it back to the one who cut for reg wash and sets

I don’t want to always have to be careful that she shouldn’t see it 🙈

iammom

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 10:55 pm
In my experience I’ve found that you have to be very assertive and pushy when dealing directly with the wig company. A SM is a good middlewoman who can stand up for you in case there’s an issue and the company is more likely to listen to her.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 10:56 pm
iammom wrote:
In my experience I’ve found that you have to be very assertive and pushy when dealing directly with the wig company. A SM is a good middlewoman who can stand up for you in case there’s an issue and the company is more likely to listen to her.

Thanks, this makes sense
Think I’ll go with SM!

amother
Winterberry

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 11:15 pm
Notsobusy wrote:
I've been using the same SM for many years and I trust her 100% that she has my best interests in mind. She also only sells wigs from companies that she knows she can work with. For those reasons I only buy wigs directly from her.

If you're in Lakewood or Brooklyn, can you please share the name of your SM? I'm looking for one. Thanks.

Notsobusy

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 1:29 am
amother [ Winterberry ] wrote:
If you're in Lakewood or Brooklyn, can you please share the name of your SM? I'm looking for one. Thanks.

I'm in Lakewood and I'm happy to share her name but I feel more comfortable doing it over pm. Your welcome to pm me.

amother
Chambray

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 8:49 am
I think if you have a SM that you use and trust, then why wouldn't you go with them? I trust my SM that she will sell me what I want and will only show me in the price range I am looking. She is really not pushy about telling me to spend more. And also it's not just one company then, she will get in more than one brand and I can choose for myself.

amother
Begonia

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 11:13 am
I got mine custom made by my sm

amother
Narcissus

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 9:07 pm
Find out from people who used Sheitel macher before what happened if/when they had issues.

I got 2 wigs over the years from Leah Lokshin (Salon Leah). She has a great relationship with her vendors and took full responsibility for the wigs I got from her. I was really happy with both of the wigs I got from her. The were really good quality, looked beautiful, and didn’t just look good right after she washed them.

I went to another SM that I won’t name. I bought a 5k wig. People actually warned me subtlety that she pushes certain wigs on her clients that aren’t good and doesn’t take responsibility:(
The sheitle had structural issues and shedding issues. The SM didn’t take responsibility:(.

It’s good to do your research.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels