Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Getting my degree

keepsmiling

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 11:59 am
I'm not sure this belongs under this topic, but wasn't sure where to post. I've always had this desire to learn and grow and if asked to, then help others as well. I always had this dream of getting a degree in social work, or psychology. I find it fascinating. I never felt ready, or confident to do it. It was nevertheless right time. Recently I've been getting this feeling of maybe it is time now, but I have no clue how or where to begin.sorry for my ignorance...
I don't have diplomas,although I completed high school, and aside from doing a lot of reading and studying on my own I don't have much to show. SO WHERE DO I BEGIN? How do I chase this dream of mine?
I live OOT so I'm open to do online classes or...really anything.

singleagain

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 12:12 pm
Look for an online or local college with a degree. See if the hours and class's work for you.. check out what kind of financial aid they have make a decision and then apply and sign yourself up.

kiryat sefer

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 12:14 pm
https://testingandtraining.com/

HH613

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 1:08 pm
keepsmiling wrote:
I'm not sure this belongs under this topic, but wasn't sure where to post. I've always had this desire to learn and grow and if asked to, then help others as well. I always had this dream of getting a degree in social work, or psychology. I find it fascinating. I never felt ready, or confident to do it. It was nevertheless right time. Recently I've been getting this feeling of maybe it is time now, but I have no clue how or where to begin.sorry for my ignorance...
I don't have diplomas,although I completed high school, and aside from doing a lot of reading and studying on my own I don't have much to show. SO WHERE DO I BEGIN? How do I chase this dream of mine?
I live OOT so I'm open to do online classes or...really anything.

Did you get a high school diploma? If not GED is your first step. If you have a high school diploma then you need to start getting your bachelors degree. You would probably want a BA in Psychology. After that you would have to go for your masters

Mommyg8

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 1:12 pm
The frum publications often have advertisements for these programs if you are interested in going that route.

keepsmiling

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 1:23 pm
HH613 wrote:
Did you get a high school diploma? If not GED is your first step. If you have a high school diploma then you need to start getting your bachelors degree. You would probably want a BA in Psychology. After that you would have to go for your masters

Ok. That's what I wanted to know. How do I get my GED?

jd1212

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 1:24 pm
Absolutely talk go people in the field before starting a program! Look into public college options definitely.

keepsmiling

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 1:26 pm
jd1212 wrote:
Absolutely talk go people in the field before starting a program! Look into public college options definitely.

Can u explain? Like what should I look out for? What are the questions to ask?

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 1:31 pm
keepsmiling wrote:
Ok. That's what I wanted to know. How do I get my GED?

You should specifically speak to whatever school you’re applying to about their requirements because sometimes a GED is not enough.

For my nursing program I am in ( having graduated from both high school and university) I needed to take specific pre requisites and score highly. Just GED would not qualify both matter how high the grades were.

Good luck!

HH613

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 10:52 pm
andrea levy wrote:
You should specifically speak to whatever school you’re applying to about their requirements because sometimes a GED is not enough.

For my nursing program I am in ( having graduated from both high school and university) I needed to take specific pre requisites and score highly. Just GED would not qualify both matter how high the grades were.

Good luck!

Community colleges always will accept a GED so she can always start there. OP-you can google taking the GED in whatever state you live. Often community colleges will offer prep classes and the exam but you can see if the one near you has that/where a testing center is. I would recommend taking a practice test and seeing what areas (if any) you need to study. Good luck!

HH613

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 10:54 pm
HH613 wrote:
Community colleges always will accept a GED for just getting a basic associates so she can always start there. Once you have the associates you can transfer to a 4 year college.

OP-you can google taking the GED in whatever state you live. Often community colleges will offer prep classes and the exam but you can see if the one near you has that/where a testing center is. I would recommend taking a practice test and seeing what areas (if any) you need to study. Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics