Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
11 yo dd hitting puberty, some questions
Previous  1  2

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 2:38 pm
My daughter tells me most preteens/young teens wear swimming suits that are shorts or they put shorts on top.

amother
Oleander

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 4:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
She already has minor pubic hair and under arm hair, both of which make her uncomfortable and she dislikes. She has had hair on her legs for a couple of years, which she also dislikes. She has dark hair, fwiw. She already has small breasts. I spoke to her about body changes and all, do it's not a surprise to her, but she doesn't appreciate the changes, of course.
A couple of questions:
A, when should she expect her period, going by what her body is up to?
B, when is it normal to shave legs? Armpits? She doesn't go to camp.
C, when do I really need to have a detailed conversation of the birds and bees? I just told her a more scientific version with some technicalities omitted. It was unplanned and that's just what came out. She is one of the older ones in the class, but also one of the more sheltered ones too.
Thanks!

Just curious, why would you want to tell her now?

amother
Watermelon

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 4:53 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
My daughter tells me most preteens/young teens wear swimming suits that are shorts or they put shorts on top.

It makes more sense to wear a swimsuit that fits your body than to modify your body (even noninvasively through shaving) to suit your swimsuit.

amother
Leaf

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 10:57 pm
Do her a favor and show her how to shave. If she's not going swimming she might not need to but good to know how so she's not self conscious if there's an unexpected pool party...

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 12:36 am
I had pubic hair at 9. Wore deodorant in 4th grade summer. I was a bag of bones you could see my rib cage. I got my first bra at 11 and period I was 11.5 in 5th grade.
My mother just told me that I might get some blood every month. My pediatrician told me that if I have it , it means that I can have babies. More than that I didn't know. I didn't even know the word period 🤣.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children