Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Shpitzelech
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

Are shpitzlech exclusive to satmar
Yes 100%  
 11%  [ 14 ]
Not at all. But a lot of satmar wear them  
 50%  [ 61 ]
99%  
 35%  [ 43 ]
50/50  
 2%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 121

amother
Brass

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 10:56 am
amother [ Leaf ] wrote:
Well there are chasidus that don't low a snood but that is a whole nother discussion.

Are you serious? That’s a first for me. Surprised

amother
Leaf

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 3:45 pm
amother [ Lightpink ] wrote:
Says who?

Otherwise they have compatibility issues.

amother
Leaf

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 3:47 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Yes. My friend is her dil and Mrs mendlovitz wears a bloize tichel.

Wore. She was niftar 2 years ago.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 3:23 am
amother [ Hosta ] wrote:
98% of women that wear shpitzel is because that's how their mother goes, and it's not because they decided to be better or to 'upgrade'

OP asked a simple question and by now it's off topic

I am chasidish, not Satmar and I admire women who wear shpitzels. In my eyes, they are doing the right thing. It doesn't matter whether they are doing so because of status quo.
The reality is, in my chasidisha poskims's writings, a sheitel is assur. (Even if I wear one....)

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 3:26 am
amother [ Leaf ] wrote:
Otherwise they have compatibility issues.

no they don't necessarily have.
Many very chasidish men enjoy when their wives have pretty clothing and jewelry and dress well and no, they don't want their wives to wear a sheitel...
In toldos aron, in general, their is a mentality that men should provide beautiful clothing and jewelry to their wives.. and no, they do not want their wives to wear sheitels....

amother
Leaf

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 5:35 am
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
no they don't necessarily have.
Many very chasidish men enjoy when their wives have pretty clothing and jewelry and dress well and no, they don't want their wives to wear a sheitel...
In toldos aron, in general, their is a mentality that men should provide beautiful clothing and jewelry to their wives.. and no, they do not want their wives to wear sheitels....

We are talking about women that dress to kill. Not women who dress nicely.
I have never seen a woman from toldos aharon dress to kill.
They don't even wear makeup lol.

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 7:53 am
amother [ Leaf ] wrote:
Then you haven't seen all of them.

amother
Lightpink

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 8:08 am
amother [ Leaf ] wrote:

Of course Toldos Ahron women wear makeup. I've seen women wearing such gorgeous headgear, jewelry, and made up faces, they look literally breathtaking.

Fox

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 8:59 am
Wouldn't it be lovely if all the variations in headcoverings didn't have to mean quite so much? Obviously, there are helige traditions behind each of the types of headcoverings and their variations, but sometimes it gets carried to a ridiculous extreme.

I think a lot of women admire the shpitzel/tichel look because the additional padding softens the appearance of the tichel. A plain tichel looks very severe on many of us, especially if it has to be tied tightly to keep it on. As a result, it looks attractive on women of all ages, too.

Oh, well! A nice fantasy!

mitzva

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 9:05 am
amother [ Leaf ] wrote:

I dont really understand what the comment "about dress to kill" is all about.
It sounds judgmental of human beings. Like you are deciding for them what they should or shouldn't be doing...
yes,
in very cultural group there will be a kaleidescope of women.
women everywhere are multifaceted; some dress to kill, some dress chic and elegant, some dress sporty and elegant, some dress conservative. Why are shpitzel wearers not human?

amother
Leaf

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 12:56 pm
mitzva wrote:
I dont really understand what the comment "about dress to kill" is all about.
It sounds judgmental of human beings. Like you are deciding for them what they should or shouldn't be doing...
yes,
in very cultural group there will be a kaleidescope of women.
women everywhere are multifaceted; some dress to kill, some dress chic and elegant, some dress sporty and elegant, some dress conservative. Why are shpitzel wearers not human?

I don't care what they do and of course they are human.

It is just sensible to assume that if a man wants his wife to dress so provocatively, he would love for the shpitzel to go too.

amother
Lightpink

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 1:11 pm
amother [ Leaf ] wrote:
I don't care what they do and of course they are human.

It is just sensible to assume that if a man wants his wife to dress so provocatively, he would love for the shpitzel to go too.

Who's talking about dressing provocatively??? Since when does dressing well equal dressing provocatively?

amother
Leaf

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 1:21 pm
Who's talking about dressing provocatively??? Since when does dressing well equal dressing provocatively?

Go back and read the entire thread.
I was responding to someone saying that some women with Shpitzels dress to kill.

Dressing to kill and dressing well are 2 different things in my book.

amother
Lightpink

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 1:31 pm
amother [ Leaf ] wrote:
Go back and read the entire thread.
I was responding to someone saying that some women with Shpitzels dress to kill.

Dressing to kill and dressing well are 2 different things in my book.

I said that. Why in the world would you think that dressing to kill means dressing provocative?
Dressing to kill means very well dressed.

amother
Leaf

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 1:34 pm
I said that. Why in the world would you think that dressing to kill means dressing provocative?
Dressing to kill means very well dressed.

Well we should probably make a poll then.
That's not what it means where I live.

Not_in_my_town

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 2:10 pm
How about we all let go of "rules" that people should be playing by, whether or not "they" wear a shpitzel or a sheitel? If a woman with a shpitzel struggles in a different area of dressing, that's her issue.

Let it go.

Everyone struggles with something. Everyone is battling the yetzer hara.

And just because someone succeeds in one area doesn't mean they don't miserably fail in another.

Just as the headcovering doesn't make someone higher or lower, so too do their struggles not represent the inner Yid of anyone.

Define yourself -- and others -- by your victories. Notice your weak areas and work on them. But don't look down on others when they don't fit into the box you've mentally assigned to them. Let it go.
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels