Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Husband graduating masters degree

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 7:38 pm
He is having a graduation..gown and all

I'm a little clueless what do I do?
I'm bringing along my 2 oldest kids and what do I buy him? Balloons gift?

Any ideas will be appreciated and if anyone can help me where I can buy Balloons or anything else I should ...
Thanks! I'm in boro park and can go to coney Islas well

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 7:48 pm
Some congratulations banners and balloons a gift can be nice too. Or you can go out that night for dinner in honor of the graduation.

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 7:52 pm
balloons or flowers for at home only, esp if your kids are small. schlepping everyone and the stuff to a graduation ceremony is likely to be a pain and you don't want the stuff to be in the way. venue might not even let balloons in so you don't disturb others' views. you could do a cake and/or a gift. gift perhaps related to area of study. another gift idea is framing the diploma

amother
Forsythia

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 7:53 pm
A fancy pen
An executive 2023 diary
Balloons
Bake a cake

Mazel Tov!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 8:01 pm
Thank you
So to clarify. When I come to the graduation itself I don't bring anything??
Not even balloons?

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 8:13 pm
no, I wouldn't bring balloons to graduation ceremony. other families want to see their graduate walk, not look around your balloons.

mushkamothers

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 8:16 pm
Balloons are so exciting! You can definitely bring them and put them off to one side. Assuming you can manage that with the kids.

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 9:12 pm
Plenty people bring balloons to the ceremony just check with the organizers they’ll let it in or put it in a bag between ur legs so they don’t block others.

some bring flowers or big cards or a banner. Definitely bring sometning.

amother
Kiwi

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 4:40 pm
A loud whistle

For when they call his name

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 5:14 pm
Mazel tov!!!

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 5:14 pm
amother [ Kiwi ] wrote:
A loud whistle

For when they call his name

Don't be the first to do it though.

Simple1

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 5:22 pm
Only if he likes balloons. A lot of men don't care for them. And as per what Seagreen wrote, I avoid them even at the kids graduations and leave them at home near the entrance. You can make or buy a nice decorated cake or treat.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 5:59 pm
Simple1 wrote:
Only if he likes balloons. A lot of men don't care for them. And as per what Seagreen wrote, I avoid them even at the kids graduations and leave them at home near the entrance. You can make or buy a nice decorated cake or treat.

They might block views.

zaq

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 7:15 pm
This isn't kindergarten. It's a dignified adult ceremony. You dress reasonably well, as if you were going to a classical concert at Carnegie Hall,* and you don't bring anything except something to take pictures. No food, no snacks, no gifts. NO BALLOONS. Save all that for your personal celebration at home.

Might some of the grads or their pals act in a way inappropriate to the solemnity of the occasion? To be sure. There are always some. Doesn't mean you have to.

*No one would deny you entrance if you came in a hoodie and frayed denim, but do the right thing and give the occasion the respect it deserves. Some people get married in frayed denim, but would you?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries