Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets
Get rid of cats roaming my property

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 12:25 am
I have a few cats roaming my property, im not sure if they're street cats or my neighbors cats but they're really annoying. I recently got a new patio set with cushions and ive come across a cat sitting on them comfortably more than once... thats very annoying. I dont want them peeing over the patio set. Any tried and true remedies to keep them away from my property???

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 1:57 am
"To keep cats away from gardens, flower beds, or specific areas of property, scatter fragrant items that don't appeal to a cat's sense of smell, like fresh orange or lemon peels, organic citrus-scented sprays, coffee grounds, vinegar, pipe tobacco, or oil of lavender, lemongrass, citronella, or eucalyptus."

I tried scattering lemon and orange peels around my backyard and it was fairly successful.

amother
Skyblue

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 2:27 am
sprinkle them with water unexpectedly. Won't hurt them.

Elfrida

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 3:05 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
"To keep cats away from gardens, flower beds, or specific areas of property, scatter fragrant items that don't appeal to a cat's sense of smell, like fresh orange or lemon peels, organic citrus-scented sprays, coffee grounds, vinegar, pipe tobacco, or oil of lavender, lemongrass, citronella, or eucalyptus."

I tried scattering lemon and orange peels around my backyard and it was fairly successful.

My cats come up and try to lick my hands after I've been squeezing lemons. They seem to like the taste, but maybe the smell in an unexpected place would be offputting?

amother
DarkPurple

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 3:42 am
If you dont care they hate mint. Maybe its an idea to dilute mint essential oil in water in a spray bottle.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets