Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie?
1  2  Next

Lani22

Post Wed, May 14 2008, 1:13 pm
Does anyone have a recipe for a chocolate chip cookie pie that can be served warm?

Post Wed, May 14 2008, 1:15 pm
my friend made one for purim seudah that was YUM!!!
she made a regular cookie dough recipe, put it into a frozen pie shell and baked it, but not too long so it was under-baked. then she left it in a low temp. oven till dessert. so good!

chaylizi

Post Wed, May 14 2008, 1:16 pm
Lani22 wrote:
Does anyone have a recipe for a chocolate chip cookie pie that can be served warm?

yummmmm! you're making me hungry again. if I find a recipe while I'm eating lunch for the 3rd time I'll let you know.

DefyGravity

Post Wed, May 14 2008, 1:17 pm
I love this recipe - so easy and delicious.

NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Chocolate Chip Pie

see larger photo

The sweet, creamy richness of a brown sugar base makes this chocolate chip pie a perfect foil for chopped nuts and whipped or ice cream. Serve with strong coffee or tea.

Estimated Times:
Preparation - 15 min | Cooking - 55 min | Cooling Time - 15 min cooling | Yields - 8
Ingredients:
1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell * (I use a chocolate pie shell)
2 large eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup (6 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 cup chopped nuts
Sweetened whipped cream or ice cream (optional)

Directions:
PREHEAT oven to 325° F.

BEAT eggs in large mixer bowl on high speed until foamy. Beat in flour, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat in butter. Stir in morsels and nuts. Spoon into pie shell.

BAKE for 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between edge and center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm with whipped cream, if desired.
NOTES:
* If using frozen pie shell, use deep-dish style, thawed completely. Bake on baking sheet; increase baking time slightly.

Lani22

Post Wed, May 14 2008, 1:18 pm
613 wrote:
my friend made one for purim seudah that was YUM!!!
she made a regular cookie dough recipe, put it into a frozen pie shell and baked it, but not too long so it was under-baked. then she left it in a low temp. oven till dessert. so good!

Thanks!

Love My Babes

Post Wed, May 14 2008, 1:22 pm
the what's cooking cookbook has one. let me know if u want it.

yOungM0mmy

Post Wed, May 14 2008, 7:11 pm
DefyGravity wrote:
I love this recipe - so easy and delicious.

NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Chocolate Chip Pie

see larger photo

The sweet, creamy richness of a brown sugar base makes this chocolate chip pie a perfect foil for chopped nuts and whipped or ice cream. Serve with strong coffee or tea.

Estimated Times:
Preparation - 15 min | Cooking - 55 min | Cooling Time - 15 min cooling | Yields - 8
Ingredients:
1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell * (I use a chocolate pie shell)
2 large eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup (6 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 cup chopped nuts
Sweetened whipped cream or ice cream (optional)

Directions:
PREHEAT oven to 325° F.

BEAT eggs in large mixer bowl on high speed until foamy. Beat in flour, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat in butter. Stir in morsels and nuts. Spoon into pie shell.

BAKE for 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between edge and center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm with whipped cream, if desired.
NOTES:
* If using frozen pie shell, use deep-dish style, thawed completely. Bake on baking sheet; increase baking time slightly.

Defy, is this a graham cracker pie shell, or a puff pastry one?
Thanks

DefyGravity

Post Wed, May 14 2008, 7:53 pm
It's not puff pastry. You can use any kind of pie shell that you like. I use chocolate, but don't have to use that.

dillie

Post Wed, May 14 2008, 8:22 pm
edit

Last edited by dillie on Tue, Aug 18 2009, 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

flowerpower

Post Wed, May 14 2008, 8:38 pm
funny! at a bar mitvah last night they served it and it was a huge hit. what a great idea for dessert. thanks!

pinktichel

Post Wed, May 14 2008, 8:48 pm
I have a really easy recipe that used to work all the time. It's a one bowl recipe where the choc chips become runny in the center. It's heaven but hasn't worked the last two times I've made it.

Any idea why? It's been completely raw both times. What could I being doing differently? Any ideas?

shopaholic

Post Thu, May 15 2008, 10:33 am
Regular pie crust
1/c marge
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/2 c sugar
vanilla
chocolate chips

The chocoalte chips go to the bottom, but if you serve it warm, they melt & it's almost like the runny chip cookie, in pie form.

sky

Post Thu, May 15 2008, 11:09 am
How would you keep this warm for friday night meal?

I turn my oven off right before shabbos so that the food stays warm and I don't leave on a blech.

I would think if I leave it in the oven (even if off) until the meal it will get hard?

OldYoung

Post Thu, May 15 2008, 11:17 am
My coworker sent me this recipe- slightly off-topic, but it's the same idea, and probably easier to serve than a pie. How do you cut the pie anyway and serve, if it's runny? Anyway, this one's EASY AND DELICIOUS!!!! looks fabulous- great fri night desert. I keep all of my food in the oven fri night so that it stays hot and shut it off before Shabbos. I keep the desert in there too and it doesn't get hard. Actually, refrigerating makes it hard... So I make it right before Shabbos, let it cool a little, take the cupcakes out of the pan and keep them still in their wrappers. I put them in a 9x13 and put in the oven right before I turn it off. take it out right before serving and it's hot and yummy... anyway.... here goes-

Molten Chocolate Surprise

4 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate (I just use the same oz. of chocolate chips)
1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine
2 whole eggs
2 egg yolks
1 cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup flour
12 CHIPS AHOY! Real Chocolate Chip Cookies (Lieber's makes great substitute- I think they're called Chip's Wow??- perfect size and texture)
Whipped Cream (garnish, I like vanilla ice cream instead)

PREHEAT oven to 425°F.

Melt chocolate and margarine in large pot. Stir with wire whisk until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended. Beat whole eggs, egg yolks, sugar and flour with wire whisk until well blended. Gradually add to chocolate mixture, beating constantly until well blended.

LINE 12 medium muffin cups with paper liners; spray with cooking spray. Place 1 cookie, upside-down, on bottom of each cup; cover evenly with batter.

BAKE 8 min. or until cakes are firm around edges but still soft in centers. Let stand 1 min. Carefully remove cakes from muffin pan. Invert onto dessert dishes (I do this right before serving instead of right after baking); remove paper liners. Serve with whipped topping.

shopaholic

Post Thu, May 15 2008, 11:19 am
If you leave it in the warm ove, it will be warm & still soft. Even from the fridge (hard, it's nice & chewy.) I usually serve it rooom temperature.

flowerpower

Post Thu, May 15 2008, 2:41 pm
love my babe-just made the one from the whats cooking and it came out great. Thanks!

pinktichel

Post Fri, May 16 2008, 8:41 am
shopaholic wrote:
Regular pie crust
1/c marge
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/2 c sugar
vanilla
chocolate chips

The chocoalte chips go to the bottom, but if you serve it warm, they melt & it's almost like the runny chip cookie, in pie form.

That's the one I'm talking about. I don't know why it hasn't been working lately. It's completely raw, way after the 1/2 hr baking time.

shopaholic

Post Fri, May 16 2008, 9:16 am
Pink, I don't go by the baking time. I take it out when it's brown on top & feels firm. Sometimes the very middle is raw a bit, but not terribly.

pinktichel

Post Fri, May 16 2008, 11:54 am
1/2 hr used to be perfect. Now, the top starts to burn and the inside is still liquid!

sky

Post Sun, May 18 2008, 2:57 pm
thanks for the recipe defy gravity. It was very good. I baked it Thursday night for 50 minutes. 10 minutes before shabbos I placed in oven preheated to 400. Turned the oven off before lighting and left it in until dessery it was yummy and gooy and delic.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics