Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
End of year present for morahs

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 9:31 pm
Hi,
I want to get end of year presents for my sons' morahs. Any ideas $25-36$ range local to Lakewood area since I don't have time to have it shipped?
If you can give specific stores and specific products that would be great!

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 9:45 pm
I give plants for end of the year gifts. I don't have as large of budget as you do, so I got something cheaper in shoprite. If you're willing to spend 25-36 you can probably get a small orchid from a local florist

I'm in Flatbush though not lakewood if it makes a difference

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 10:02 pm
amother [ Tiffanyblue ] wrote:
I give plants for end of the year gifts. I don't have as large of budget as you do, so I got something cheaper in shoprite. If you're willing to spend 25-36 you can probably get a small orchid from a local florist

I'm in Flatbush though not lakewood if it makes a difference

I would not appreciate a plant. I have a rule that I don't gift people things that are alive unless they asked for it.
I love nature and flowers and stuff, but please don't give me a gift that will need TLC, time or attention! I'm busy enough between my job and my kids. I don't want an extra thing to take care of...

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 10:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi,
I want to get end of year presents for my sons' morahs. Any ideas $25-36$ range local to Lakewood area since I don't have time to have it shipped?
If you can give specific stores and specific products that would be great!

Not in Lakewood, so can't help with what stores, but things I bought as end of year gifts were personalized leakproof travel coffee cups (not mugs. The contigo snapseal or similar). I also did personalized lucite tissue boxes- that's in the 25-30 range without the personalization, and is nice that way, too. Other lucite gifts... Some people do recipe books, though it's not something I personally ever gave.

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 8:34 am
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Not in Lakewood, so can't help with what stores, but things I bought as end of year gifts were personalized leakproof travel coffee cups (not mugs. The contigo snapseal or similar). I also did personalized lucite tissue boxes- that's in the 25-30 range without the personalization, and is nice that way, too. Other lucite gifts... Some people do recipe books, though it's not something I personally ever gave.

I've been a Morah for many years, and have gotten many things (gift cards to places with lots of options, like Amazon or Target are my favorite) but I have to tell you, I love the lucite tissue box idea! It's different, functional, matches any decor, and won't even take up any extra space!

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 9:26 am
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
I would not appreciate a plant. I have a rule that I don't gift people things that are alive unless they asked for it.
I love nature and flowers and stuff, but please don't give me a gift that will need TLC, time or attention! I'm busy enough between my job and my kids. I don't want an extra thing to take care of...

Sorry, but when I give gifts I don't take into consideration every individual teacher's needs and wants (not that I even know them). A plant works for me because it is less than$10 but doesn't look cheap and is a very nice presentation (I already did $ and nice food for chanukah/purim).
And as someone who works in education, I would NEVER not appreciate a gift. Even if it is something I do not want/need, I always appreciate the thought behind it. And I tach my children that we appreciate every gift and prize we get even if if not something we want.
Anyway, I hope you're not my child's teacher because I'm delivering it today Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries