Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Unstimulating Lakewood "office job"
Previous  1  2

amother
Pear

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 11:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I guess what I'm envisioning is something along the lines of, research a topic, problem solve based on that, perhaps write a document based on that/present, etc. Repeat with a new topic. Not sure which fields would have that kind of need. Possibly someone dealing with a lot of changing government regulations?

think tank.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 12:41 am
amother [ Rainbow ] wrote:
A close relative was a paralegal for many years and she says she would never do it again. She said the lawyers dumped all the work on her, paid her peanuts, and took all the credit for her work. :-(

This is exactly what I see where I work.. Paralegals sometimes do all the work and even though they are paid reasonably, nothing like the lawyer's salary. It can be stimulating though.

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 1:16 am
If you're good at writing, copywriting. Involves a lot of research and then presenting the results in written form. Marketing consultancy as well.

amother
Broom

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 4:58 am
I'm a paralegal and that was the first thing I was going to suggest when I read your post. I used to work doing other stuff and switched to this. I love it. I love writing, I love researching, every case is different. There are tons and tons of different kinds of law so you can literally work in every industry - there's the more boring stuff like corporate or real estate but the pay is very high or there's personal injury, medical malpractice, criminal, family, employment law. The best thing to do is find a lawyer willing to train. In a couple years you'll be invaluable and can then work in any firm once you have experience.
It pays A LOT more than a regular office job, at least where I work and many lawyers pay very well.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 8:45 am
amother [ Pear ] wrote:
think tank.

Yes that would be my dream job! Don't want to work im a secular environment though! Do you know if there are any frum think tanks?

amother
Crocus

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 8:47 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I guess what I'm envisioning is something along the lines of, research a topic, problem solve based on that, perhaps write a document based on that/present, etc. Repeat with a new topic. Not sure which fields would have that kind of need. Possibly someone dealing with a lot of changing government regulations?

What kind of education do you have?

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 8:54 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My job title is officially "data analysis" and I should be grateful for the pay and flexibility. However, I am really struggling with the repetitive, banal nature of my job. I am a more intellectual type and crave variety and stimulation. And although I find motherhood my true calling, and I am working only because I need the money, I have a very strong need to use my strengths and have some mental stimulation at work. Any suggestions?

Are you sure it's data analysis or data entry?
(I'm a data analyst.)

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 8:56 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I'm a data analyst and this sounds like my job.
I analyze data, problem solve, and present.
Your current position sounds more like data entry

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 9:01 am
So I was hired to do the analysis, but the data entry person got married and left so I got stuck with both jobs. And since I don't have time for both my supervisor took over a lot of the analysis.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 9:24 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So I was hired to do the analysis, but the data entry person got married and left so I got stuck with both jobs. And since I don't have time for both my supervisor took over a lot of the analysis.

That clarifies things.
I find data analysis super stimulating.
I also automate a lot of it.
Your job definitely sounds more like data entry, perhaps give data analysis another try?

amother
Camellia

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 1:12 pm
In the same boat, OP. This Thursday is my last day and then I start a new job after 4th of July.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics