Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Situation with florist...how to handle?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 6:21 pm
We contacted a local florist at a grocery store before Shavuous for an upcoming simcha to make 2 dozen centerpieces.
They said I needed to call the Tuesday after Shavuous to place the order. I did just that, and the florist told me then she couldn't order the flowers we wanted in time after all (4 weeks ahead)
She said we could come down that day and pick options, so we drove straight down. She said the centerpieces wouldn't necessarily match each other but they'd be in the same color scheme. We left it that I'd come down the day before the simcha and see what stock was there and choose from those. I had a bad feeling and the lady was very rude, but dh said to just do it since they were affordable.

Today, the florist called and said not only wouldn't the centerpieces match, but there wouldn't necessarily be any there in the colors we wanted. I told her that's not what she had said 2 weeks ago. She was very rude and we left it that I'd still come down and pick the day before.

I hung up, but this was all just too way up in there air for me! I pictured a total mess of who knows what. When I stopped by the grocery last week, I checked out the flowers and they had very little stock, so if that happened that day we'd have nothing!

After that call, I contacted a local florist who I thought would cost a ton. DH said to anyway, sensing my frustration I went right over.
This florist will get all the colors, match the centerpieces, and gave us a really nice discount. The flowers will be perfectly fresh and exactly what we want. She was so nice and pleasant and totally nothing like the rudeness I've been dealing with.

What should I say to the grocery florist that I'm not using her anymore?

r1

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 6:24 pm
I’m sorry. Since you weren’t able to Guarantee that you would have even the minimum we had agreed upon, we’re going to go with someone else. Thanks.

amother
Almond

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 6:24 pm
say nothing
if you are canceling an order and she wants to know why say because you found someone who will do it better quality for better price can do exactly that which you want and thank her for her time and wish her the best.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 6:25 pm
I don’t get it. It didn’t sound like there’s commitment from the grocery florist. Just call her that day and say thanjs but no thanks?

MiracleMama

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 6:26 pm
Just tell her you went to real florist because she could not accommodate you. This is the simple truth. She didn't order anything special for you in the end so it's not like she's been put out.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 6:28 pm
You don’t have to say anything. She didn’t commit to the job and didn’t collect or save for you. I would just move on to the new florist.

snailmail

Post Mon, Aug 22 2022, 6:32 pm
Send her a picture of the final arrangements and thank her for being so rude and unresponsive, that enabled you to get the flowers you wanted for your simcha from somewhere else!
Or just ignore her and dont say anything - seems like she never committed anything to you anyway.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics