Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Vaccine newborn at the hospital?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 6:55 pm
amother [ Catmint ] wrote:
Didn’t realize that. In the province I gave birth in, such was the case.

Which provinces force these things on you?

On vaccines: https://www.canada.ca/en/publi......html

NB, NT and NU give HebB at birth.

I don't know about the erythromycin mandates - but they are provincial.

amother
Catmint

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 7:03 pm
amother [ Antiquewhite ] wrote:
On vaccines: https://www.canada.ca/en/publi......html

NB, NT and NU give HebB at birth.

I don't know about the erythromycin mandates - but they are provincial.

Interesting. Happens to be none of those are large Jewish communities (if any yidden at all) so doesn’t affect our population much.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 7:05 pm
amother [ Catmint ] wrote:
Interesting. Happens to be none of those are large Jewish communities (if any yidden at all) so doesn’t affect our population much.

Agreed.

octopus

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 7:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How is a mom able to make an informed decision.
Everyone says do your research
But that’s very hard since you have info on both sides

Which vaccines are the most important
Which ones are really needed for school in NY.
And, why do babies need a vaccine for STD

Don’t say speak to your pediatrician, because I think by law they must push the vaccines or they lose their license

When my kids were babies the first vaccine was at 1 month old. And all health care providers said baby was protected from the mom’s immunology until then. More so if breast fed.

Yes you can call up your pediatrician office and they will guide you. My pediatrician said to decline in the hospital. They will get it two months later in the pediatrician office. I never gave newborns a vaccine. You wait until they are at least 10 lbs. Usually by two months. I never ever gave shots to a one month old.

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 8:32 pm
amother [ DarkGreen ] wrote:
Not saying can't happen. But very unusual..
We don't know what will be when our kids get to that stage

Very unusual?!? I'm a nurse. I cared for older adults with shingles allllllllll the time. Very common in the elderly. It's a misterable, painful, and debilitating disease. No thanks.

Not even going to delve into the rest of this thread.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 8:53 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
I don't know if it's child abuse, but I don't think in NY or NJ one can legally waive the vitamin K.

One can waive the antibiotic eye drops or Hep B shot.

In NYS you can absolutely refuse the vitamin k shot, you can also refuse the erythromycin eye ointment and the hep b shot. I also refused the bath in the hospital. I did not let the baby leave my room in the hospital, thankfully bilirubin levels were ok or else they were going to take the baby out to be put under the lights in the nursery.

mizle10

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 9:01 pm
amother [ Maize ] wrote:
Quote:
Did ur parents, grandparents get shingles?

Yep. And one of them it has literally taken her life away

Mine as well. I was baby but grew up hearing about it as a horror story.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 9:32 pm
Im not for taking all the extras in medicine and popping pills left and right but from what I have seen shingles is at best extremely miserable. If it goes somewhere weird, excrutiating. Can get life threatening for some...Not a big nothing

amother
Whitewash

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 3:18 am
amother [ Maize ] wrote:

Shingles comes from the chicken pox virus laying dormant in your body for many years. Having "natural" immunity makes you MORE likely to get Shingles.

What people don't get is that from this perspective measles, covid, and chickenpox are all the same. Because they enter the nervous system they can lie dormant in a person's body for many years. Covid is too new for us to know what happens in that many years but it's not unlikely that there will be some kind of negative neurological effect. Maybe not shingles specifically, maybe not SSPE specifically, but very possibly something. Personally I don't really want to find out what covid's version of this is, but the problem is that hamon ha'am don't even understand that there is a risk at all.

amother
Whitewash

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 3:20 am
amother [ Arcticblue ] wrote:
I'm just coming back to this thread so I'm not sure if anyone responded to this yet, but I suppose this refers to bites that cause the kid to bleed.

The biter isn't passing blood to the other child, the biter is passing saliva. Onto what is really a very small amount of blood.

But the carrier, the person doing the biting, is passing the virus through his/her saliva to the other person.

So, saliva doesn't trasnmit Hep B? Then how come bites can?
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics