Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
I totally lost it tonight

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 9:26 pm
I think I just need to vent. I feel horrible about myself right now. I just yelled at my kids and probably modeled terrible anger management for them! Uch I'm just so upset...

ila

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 9:29 pm
Sorry to hear that… know how you fell bh tomorrow will be a better day

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 9:30 pm
Amen thanks. I wish I knew what to do in these situations... Before I lose my cool!

ila

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 9:33 pm
Maybe you could put yourself in a time out if you realise you need it before it’s too late…

BrisketBoss

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 9:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Amen thanks. I wish I knew what to do in these situations... Before I lose my cool!

You can search for lists of techniques online like breathing exercises. Find one that works for you.

It's also okay to tell your kids "I'm so angry right now!" I even read about someone who discovered that when he playfully pretended to be angry when he actually was angry, it made him feel less angry.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 9:36 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:
You can search for lists of techniques online like breathing exercises. Find one that works for you.

It's also okay to tell your kids "I'm so angry right now!" I even read about someone who discovered that when he playfully pretended to be angry when he actually was angry, it made him feel less angry.

That's so interesting. I like that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children